Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V3 bad call quality

LondonMike
4: Newbie

Have had a Sure Signal V3 for almost three years. Have generally been pleased, but over the past three or four months, I'm getting poor to unusable call quality.

Over the past several weeks, calls are impossible to make. People can hear me fine, but audio quality to me is so poor as to not be audible. It cuts in and out, quality is distorted, etc. Throughout this time, I get 3G and full bars on my Blackberry 9930.

I have tried a re-set of the device a number of times, as well as just unplugging it. It has not solved the problem.

This is all complicated by the fact that I use a work-provided phone on a personal Sure Signal, meaning I cannot access either account!

Please help Vodafone - though ideally by just putting up a tower in the Central London neighbourhood where I live.

8 REPLIES 8

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

What are your broadband upload and download speeds?

PWIAC

7.69 download, 2.06 upload. (Shockingly below average, time to call Virgin Media, but should be plenty for Sure Signal as advertised.)

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

Does your phone work fine away from the sure signal Box ?

Do any other phones connected to the Sure Signal Box work Ok.

Some help FAQs https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Network-and-coverage/Sure-Signal/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Re working away from Sure Signal, do you mean when out of range and on normal service? Yes, works fine then. Or do you just mean elsewhere in the flat? It gets fine data services, just voice that seems bad.

No other devices hooked up to Sure Signal, so not sure.

Have just re-tested using different site and received 22.4Mb and 3Mb, so much better.

drey_p

It may be worth turning off your router and leaving it off for a few minutes.  Turn it back on and see if that helps to clear things.

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
Hi

Yes I meant does it work while out and about.

Just wanted to ask as a process of elimination.

So now we know it's quite possibly the sure signal Box that's at issue.

Please use this thread with the ping tests in and report your findings.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Sure-Signal-V3-stopped-working/m-p/2410433#M714...

Hopefully this will help the Tech Team look into this for you.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Did the ping test twice:

Ping: 42

Jitter: 29

Ping: 27

Jitter: 7

IP: 94.174.94.250

Serial #: 40131013043

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LondonMike

We’ve requested an update to be sent to your Sure Signal, this can take up to 24 hours to complete.

Once this has completed, you will need to restart you phone in range of the device.