Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V3 not working even after resetting

Ossiedog
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Power - flashing, Internet - solid orange, In Service - off, In Use - solid orange reset done and router checked please help.   

398 REPLIES 398

Well said Andrew I think I started this thread, ive been with vodafone and virgin or their predecessors since the early 90s Vodafone longer i think. I am an aircraft engineer and we get fined if we have more than a 3 hour delay. Could I get money back for all the 3 hours since the november the 5th ?. Think its about £300 a pop! Im not doing the maths, Ive got to be up at 4.00am.    

sf1968
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Sarah
For those of us who just need a phone, do VF actually know yet what the problem is??

Found a cure as previous posts suggest, this does work, not through Vodafone though, can't believe we have all had to find a cure ourselves, well for now, I'm back on full signal since Monday, woohoo. So take your SS box to someone else's house, a friend, family etc who is NOT on Virgin Media, so I took mine to my friend who is on BT, then leave it plugged in for 24 hours (the white lights will come on after about an hour, but don't unplug it!) I did that and it needs a lot longer to download an update on to the SS box (I had to take it back again), then unplug after 24 hours (don't do anything else like de-regestering etc as also tried that lol), then take home and plug in, hey presto! It works :Smiling: Just needs an update, but can't connect through Virgin Media Hubs, so need to do it through another ISP - BT, Sky or anyone else :Smiling: Hope it gets you back on too! :Smiling: x

Now just need my compensation on my line rental from absolutely no signal from Mon 2nd Nov to Mon 23rd Nov - 3 weeks! Plus you should give a few people on here a medal for sorting out YOUR problem for now, until you get it fixed permanently x

i see VF are in the dock on Watchdog tonight about roaming charges ripping 0ff everybody

My VSS 3 is working again.

I took it to work, connected it to a wired ethernet connection. It did a couple of cycles of white flashing lights etc and then restarted and hey presto 1 solid power red light and two solid white lights. Took approx 15 mins but i left in there for a couple of hours. Made a call (set to 4G) on my phone which now had 5 signal bars and the additional VSS right hand white light came on during a call. Took it home, tried it again and it worked exactly the same way (when phone set to 4G)

The VSS3 unit has been working for two days since then. However, I am back to my original problem now though that my two iphone 6's only use the VSS when they are set to 3G (settings>mobile data>voice and data>3G), they do NOT work when set to 4G. When i first got it home it was set to 4G and worked perfectly. I posted about this twice in this forum a while ago and another user responded that their Iphone 6's worked fine when set to 4G. My sons Iphone 5 works when set to 3G or 4G. No useful responses from vodafone.

Im going to take it back to work today and try my phone still set to 4G there and see if it works.

Anyone else use Iphone 6's set to 4G ok? Any solutions?

Vodafone: can you help please?

ISP: Virgin Media, 152 MB plan

Modem Setup: Superhub 2ac in modem only mode

Router: Asus RTN66U

Devices: 2x iphone 6,1x iphone 5.

Thanks. 

>> Vodafone: can you help please?

Sir, sir, please, sir, me, sir...I know the answer to that...

Still no resolution from Vodaphone / Virgin

Im intrested to see how many customers migrate after this experiance 

My iphone 6s is set to  4G and works on the SS, obviously it will only work in 3G mode on the SS but  I dont have to change anything, on the vary rare occasion I can find a 4G signal outside of London it just comes up with 4G on the display, In the house the phone syncs to the wifi so it just says Vodafone UK with a full siganl on both phone and wifi, turn off fthe wifi and it says Vodafone UK 3G

For those that need help with Sure Signal boxes not working since around beginning of November AND have Virgin Media Boxes :Smiling:

I have also been told today that the directot or Vodafone has admitted they are nowhere near resolving this issue, so please please try the exact steps below and you should be at least back online like me (after 3 weeks of no signal) :Sad_face: It's been working now for me since Monday (so 5 days, don't know if it's permanent, but seems the SS box needs an update firmware it CAN NOT get through VM boxes)

Ok so follow these steps:

1) Unplug and take your SS box to a friend. family, work etc but they can't be with VM, so anyone else such as Sky, BT etc for their ISP provider.

2) Plug in to their router and wait a full 24 hours (after even only about an hour the 2 white lights will come back on fooling you into thinking it's working lol but leave it for a full 24 hours) apparently it needs to update it's firmware and can't do it over the Virgin media box.

3) Unplug after 24 hours and take home and plug back in - do not de-register etc, don't do anything just plug in.

4) Hey presto it works after about 1-2 hours and you're back online with full signal on your mobile :Smiling: Hope that helps and let me know how you get on, but please don't tempt to unplug from your friends etc before a full 24 hours as I tried that and had to take it back, also tried to de-register and re-register, had to take it back lol x

Thanks Zoe x 

Hi Zoe

Taken mine around a friends who's on Sky broadband. To white lights came on in 20 minutes, hopeful.