Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V3 not working even after resetting

Ossiedog
3: Seeker

Power - flashing, Internet - solid orange, In Service - off, In Use - solid orange reset done and router checked please help.   

398 REPLIES 398

The bland response you have made  reinforces the point made by the post. You completely miss the meaning and add to the frustration. Where is the tech team investigating this? What are they doing? Why can't they speak to us ? 

There is no confidence that you are dealing with this. This is an unsatisfactory way of dealing with numerous customer complaints. Please advise how we can get a Senior person in VP involved to give us proper comms and action plan that we can believe in with some evidence that something is happening.

we are still only talking to you because we are contractually locked in. Otherwise we would have left already. Do you care?

escalate now !

VodaDave
2: Seeker

I have the same problem as so many other people on this forum. My V.2 sure signal stopped working around end of October - been working fine for months. Vodafone replaced with a V.3 and still same issue - will not connect to the internet so red light flashing and outer two lights yellow and stable. Well I know what the problem is now becuase after several calls to Vodafone, someone has told me the route of the problem. Don't waste your time trying to fix it if you have Virgin Media as your IP. Since they upgraded their speeds recently, the Voda Sure Signal boxes have been affected and no longer work. They are trying to fix it but no date for when this to be sorted. Can only suggest you keep looking at this forum as Vodafone advised me to do, to get the latest news and keep looking at your lights on your sure signal! Other useful advice I was given was to change my phone settings to 2g to get better signal for calls and texts in the house. Appears to work better now but not as good as when the sure signal is working!

cineriv
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi VodaDave,

The place to look is where all other unfortunate VM/SS  people are.......http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Sure-Signal-V3-not-working-even-after-resetting/...

Good luck,

Mike.

P.S.   Sorry ...... I see you have already found it.

VodaDave

There are so many posts oin this you have probably missed the importnat one. Are you with VM?  If so VM increased their speeds end of October and this has stopped everyone's sure signal working even if you kept the same VM internet speed.  VM and Vodafone are working on it according to Vodafone but no date for a resolution.  Lots of complaintes on VM site as well.  Please don't afjust your sets as they used to say in the old days. There is no solution your end. We just have to wait or move to another mobile provider!

Yes sorry should have said its on VM 150 mb service, as everyone else packed up about two weeks ago

MAX1M1
Same thing for me. VM + VF SS do not produce anything at the moment. I've spent two hours on the phone with VF last Monday with no useful outcome. I have been passed on to 5 or 6 different people in circle without any notice sometimes. One of the girls on the other end of the line couldn't tell the difference between wifi and broadband. She thought there two different names for the same thing on some weird reason. And she was looking into a technical issue. Hopeless.

Harryft

Nothing seems to be being done about this problem and I have been without my mobile for over a week. I do not know who to blame and it does not help to point fingers, but we really do need a solution. I am now looking for an alternative mobile supplier and I will then have to fight with Vodafone over my contract status.

I have an iPhone 6 and thought I found an alternative as this now supports making calls through wifi. Both apple and vodaphone sites state that this is so. The instructions tell you to go into phone and there will be a slider called wifi calling to activate this........sounds simple but as usual it never is ! There is no slider and after an hour on chat with my wifi settings being reset by VF it's still not there .

So so a phone provided by VF doesn't have the option activated which their web site tells me I have access to as part of my package. Hopeless,

has as anyone else got an iPhone and looked at this option? If it works you will no longer need SS

let me know if you manage to do this and how

cheers 

Ok, for those technical people this is what is happening:

The SS ver 3 uses a lot of NTP traffic.  My assumption is that NTP is being used to perform some form of network performance/stability test before allowing voice traffic over the link.

With BT and SKY, stats for NTP traffic is similar:

Sky NTP Packets Sent               33,714

Sky NTP Packets Received        33,659

Virgin NTP Packets Sent            476

Virgin NTP Packets Received    39

The Virgin network is dropping huge quantities of NTP over UDP packets, and the SS is not able to establish a suitably reliable link in order to carry the voice service.

Sorry Virgin, but despite your constant denials, the problem is within your network.

Unimpressed that the response so far to me from Vodafone has been largely unhelpful.  Vodafone appear to be washing their hands of this issue, as they know it is a problem with Virgin's network.  However in Virgin's defence, if they don't have direct dialogue with Vodafone who make the product, is it difficult to identify precisely the issue, and then resolve it.

The full technical information with packet traces has been sent to Virgin Media business for them to investigate further.  The information is available to Vodafone if someone within VF actually wants to do something proactive to assist a load of seriously disgruntled customers.

Does anyone on this trail with technical knowledge know if virgin have started using IPV6 when upgrading their broadband?

i went into local VF shop .....they said some other providers had issues when introducing this as SS only supports IPV4.

i have no idea what this does.

if this is the issue then apparently we should ask them to turn this off on the router reverting to IPV4 The VF individual has had similar issues with sky and talk talk.

before I go through the tortuous VM procedure could one of those technically able people watching this say if they think think is complete hogwash......

thanks