Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V3 not working for over a week

monty_gs
4: Newbie

Hi,

I recently upgraded from a V1 to a V3 and all was working well until just over a week ago when I lost service.  I have reset, re-registered, unplugged for a period of time etc and all to no avail.

I have the solid red power light and the next light is pulsing white and nothing else.  I have done the tests as requested...

Serial number: 43161690581

Download speed: 17.82

Upload speed: 2.00

ISP is Talktalk

Traceroute output:

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 11 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 6 ms 6 ms 6 ms 79-77-64-1.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com [79.77.64.1]
3 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms host-78-151-224-29.as13285.net [78.151.224.29]
4 8 ms 7 ms 7 ms host-78-151-238-28.as13285.net [78.151.238.28]
5 8 ms 8 ms 8 ms host-78-144-13-151.as13285.net [78.144.13.151]
6 7 ms 8 ms 8 ms host-78-144-0-124.as13285.net [78.144.0.124]
7 8 ms 7 ms 7 ms ae10-xcr1.hex.cw.net [195.2.23.141]
8 9 ms 8 ms * ae18-xcr1.lnd.cw.net [195.2.24.157]
9 9 ms 8 ms 8 ms ae15-xcr1.lns.cw.net [195.2.30.114]
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Please can someone offer me some assistance with this?  I use the Sure Signal for work and personal calls and it is having a serious impact on me as I live in a proper notspot.

Many thanks,

Matt

90 REPLIES 90

@monty_gs @anniemad

I've chased the escalation up for both of you today.

We're working on getting this fixed ASAP. As soon as we've got an update, we'll be in touch.

Hi,

Not sure how this has actually been escalated, but still not working and no contact from anyone?  I have had to turn down a weekend of being on call for work, costing me a lot of money, as I have no reliable mobile signal without a functioning Suresignal.  It is just ridiculous.

This has now been going on for far too long and I have been very patient indeed.  Please can someone actually make contact with me and get this resolved, either by sending a new unit or making my existing one work?

Matt

@monty_gs @anniemad

Please be assured the issue has been escalated internally. Our team are working on resolving the issue as quickly as possible, however it is taking a little longer than expected.

As soon as we have an update, we'll be in touch.

Any chance of an update please?  Can someone check whether my Suresignal looks like it is registered properly etc?

Also, as previously raised can someone from Vodafone please send me a message giving info on how to escalate this myself? My losses currently run into hundreds of pounds and increasing most days.

The lack of progress or communication is appalling.

Regards,

Matt 

@monty_gs - Apologies again for the lack of any update. I've asked Rahim where we're currently at with the resolution. We'll update soon.

@monty_gs Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. 

I can see this is still being worked on by our Service Desk team, however is taking longer than we anticipated. 

You'll be notified by text message once the Sure Signal regains service. 

Apologies once again for the inconvenience this is causing. 

Hi,

Is there anything I can do in the meantime?  I still have my old V1 SureSignal in a box and I can dust that off again but not sure if I can run both of them in parallel?

Can you confirm that my V3 Sure Signal is registered and that nothing needs to be done at my end?  I am on call again for work next week and it will be a nightmare if this is not resolved.

Also, again can comeone please sent me a private message with details of where I can escalate this within Vodafone?  I feel the comms has not been great as demonstrated by this thread and others.  I would like to take this up more formally as I have been pretty patient.

Regards,

Matt

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@willcoc If you're still having trouble,please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

@monty_gs We've received an update from our Service desk in relation to your issue. 

Please can you reset your Vodafone Sure Signal and let us know if you're still having trouble? 

Hi,

I have reset my unit as requested.  To start with it did not switch back on when I released the button but I left it in case it was updating.  After a few hours I briefly pressed the reset button and it started again.

Red power light, pulsing white internet light and after a minute or so briefly flashing orange lights to the right of the internet light.  Then back to pulsing internet light once again.

Is it possible for me to register my old V1 sure signal again in the meantime until this is finally resolved?  Also can someone check to make sure my V3 is still registered properly as it looks different when I log into my account.

I am getting really desperate here and you guys are still ignoring my request for the details of where to escalate my concerns.  I have raised it elsewhere as a consumer issue so hopefully that will assist, but I would still want a resolution in the meantime.

Regards,

Matt

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@monty_gs You'll be able to register your version 1 Vodafone Sure Signal to your My Vodafone account, as you're able to have multiple devices set up. 

Please can you test your Vodafone Sure Signal again, as the status connection has updated from our end.