Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V3 phones drop off after a couple of days

rppennington
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have an issue with a brand new V3 Sure Signal which registered fine and all the configured phones (iPhone 4 and 4s) worked OK.

Users had been out of the office for a couple of days and when they came back in the phones didn't connect to the Sure Signal although the lights on the front are normal.

The only way I can get the phones connected again was to reset the Sure Signal. Come back after the weekend and have the same issue.

Any help appreciated.

Richard.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In the interests of completeness for this thread we have now managed to get the unit to work.

The only way we could do so was to plug the network connection of the SureSignal directly into the broadband router.

View solution in original position

18 REPLIES 18

Hi rpennington,

With the Sure Signals, we would normally recommend having these ports open.

Ports and Protocols:
Port 50 - TCP/IP
Port 4500 - UDP
Port 500 - UDP
Port 123 - UDP

Port 8 - TCP/IP

Port 1723 (BT customers only) - TCP/UDP

When the Sure signal drops off we’re trying to find what is causing the VPN tunnel to close.

I know that we are investigating the issue with BT around infinity and Home Hubs so I’m not to sure if there is a bit of a cross over to your situation.

It may be worth asking your IT guys to look at the firewall logs to see if there is anything showing for the IP address being blocked or a VPN connection being stopped at this stage.

James

Hi James,

Thanks for the port info, we have opened those ports to the Sure Signal.

FYI we use a Draytek Vigor 2920 router and not the BT hub.

Richard.

Hi,

I have been out of the office for a few days and now I have returned the unit has dropped off again. Is now a good time to rule out the unit with a replacement?

If we cant get it to work then we will be sending it back for a refund.

Thanks

Richard.

Hi there rppennington,

As the VSS is over 7 working days old, we would only repair it.

Please click here for more info on a warranty repair.

Thanks,

LeeH

Hi,

I think that you misunderstand me, a replacement unit or what I would suggest is a second unit is to prove whether the unit is faulty or whether it is the service that it connects to is faulty which you have failed to do so far.

So far the service that I have from the signal is as poor as it was before I spent £100 apart from when I reset the unit every time someone comes back into the office so the phones connect.

If we cant get a resolution shortly then I will invoke my rights under the sale of goods act and have a refund.

Thanks

Richard.

Hi there rppennington,

I'm sorry if I misunderstood what you were asking.

We won't send a second VSS unless you pay for it.

Your post mentioned a replacement; that's why I replied the way I did.

Cheers,

LeeH

No problem Lee,

I would prefer it if someone would take ownership and get the thing working rather than me sat here getting frustrated having to make suggestions as to what to do next to keep the customer happy......which clearly I am not!

Hi there rppennington,

Would it be possible for you to try other ethernet ports (if available)?

What about a new ethernet cable or even trying it on another connection such as a friend or relative's house?

Cheers,

LeeH

In the interests of completeness for this thread we have now managed to get the unit to work.

The only way we could do so was to plug the network connection of the SureSignal directly into the broadband router.