Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V3 seems to have stopped working

stugreen
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi - my Sure Signal has appeared to stop working as the reception when I'm on the phone is now awful.

The red power light is flashing.

The next two lights are off.

The third light (mobile phone image) is on and orange.

What do I do?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

kjay
1: Seeker

My sure signal has stopped working.

No lights on, just a high pitched noise.

Had an online chat to vodaphone, who advised me since my warrantee had run out the sure signal box had therefore stopped working. Advised to buy a new one. 

I don't expect this from any other commodity I buy. I understand that if a product is out of warrantee I pay to get it fixed but to be advised that it has stopped working because the warrantee has run out?? 

Appauled

That's shocking.  Mine is relatively new so I'm hoping for a better experience.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@stugreen We'd like to help with this.

Please reply back to me with your results of our troubleshooting template and we'll be happy to take a closer look into this for you.

Hi Natasha - here is my completed template:

----------------------------------------------TEMPLATE--------------------------------------------

The issue you’re experiencing: My Sure Signal has appeared to stop working as the reception when I'm on the phone is now awful.

What light sequence you're seeing: The red power light is flashing. The next two lights are off. The third light (mobile phone image) is on and orange.

Your speed test results from here. Ping:16 ms; Download 107.87 Mbps; Upload 6.12 Mbps.

Your external IP address from here82.18.83.162.

Your Sure Signal serial number: 42163761440.

The results of a traceroute:

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 * * * Request timed out.
2 11 ms 12 ms 13 ms nrth-core-2a-xe-130-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.128.113]
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 13 ms 28 ms 20 ms nrth-ic-1-ae1-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.254.42.218]
7 17 ms 20 ms 18 ms m674-mp2.cvx1-b.lis.dial.ntli.net [62.254.42.162]
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 26 ms 15 ms 16 ms uk-lon03a-ri1-ae5-0.aorta.net [84.116.135.42]
10 16 ms 17 ms 17 ms 213.46.174.130
11 18 ms 17 ms 15 ms ae32-xcr1.lns.cw.net [195.2.24.126]
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@stugreen – The light sequence you’re seeing indicates a problem with the Sure Signal connecting to the router.

Please try the following and let us know how you get on:

Reboot your router/modem:

1. Turn off your router or modem at the wall for 10 seconds and then turn it back on
  2. Wait for the lights on your modem/router to indicate that an internet connection has been established
  3. Press the reset button on the Sure Signal

Check that your Sure Signal has been assigned an internal IP address by your router:

The Sure Signal must be assigned an internal IP address by your router. If your router supports DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol), this must be enabled as doing so will enable the router to assign an IP address to your Sure Signal automatically.
For more instructions on how to do this, please check your router manual or contact your ISP or router manufacturer.

If your router or network configuration doesn’t allow DHCP, you’ll need to assign a static IP address to your Sure Signal's MAC Address by using your router's configuration panel. Please contact your ISP or router manufacturer for instructions on how to do this. The MAC address can be found on the sticker at the back of the Sure Signal.

Thanks Jenny for the advice.

I've started to work through the instructions and can confirm the lights on the router are all correct.  My router (Virgin Media Super Hub) supports DHCP.  However, I cannot see the Sure Signal listed in the attached devices.  When I go into the DHCP settings I can see phones, Kindles, a printer, Sonos, etc, but no Sure Signal.

I've tried using a different ethernet cable between the routers and the Sure Signal device but the same issue exists.

Why is this?  What can you suggest?

I found this online and have been following the instructions, but fail at step 3 because the device is not listed: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Vodafone-Sure-Signal-amp-Virgin-Media-Super-Hub...

Please help

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@stugreen Thanks for updating us.

I've completed a resync on your Sure Signal for you. Please allow 6 hours to pass before resetting the device.

After completing this, please ensure that your Ethernet cable is plugged into port one.

If you continue to experience issues, make sure the numbers you'd like to use have been added successfully to the Sure Signal through My Vodafone.