Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V3 solid red light, slow flashing internet light

allsys
2: Seeker

Hi There,

Have a new sure signal box with serial number 40124141306 (new one with a plug in it). Was ok for a week or so then for no reason will not work. The light sequence is solid red light, then slow flashing white internet light with nothing else displayed. Please can you help me to resolve asap. Test results from troubleshoot guide below:

Ping - 29ms (Jitter 2ms)

Download - 4.2mbps

Upload - 0.67mbps

IP - 2.218.99.152

Tracert results:

trace.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

allsys
I got my work to replace my box and the new one is now working so it looked like a faulty unit. However the other one worked for a week before it died so I will reserve judgement.

For the moment consider it resolved and probably a failty unit.

View solution in original position

46 REPLIES 46

allsys

For some reason the image has gone from the post. In essence the trace route times out after number 9. Another image attached below:

trace.jpg

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi allsys, 

Everything is fine with your traceroute although the light sequence is strange. 

First of all we'll do a resync to make sure everything is up to date. You'll need to do a reset to complete this process;

-Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.

-Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.

-Once the lights come back on, release the button.

Let me know how you get on, 

Kay

Hi there

I am suffering from exactly the same issue.

Details:

Voadfone SureSignal v3 (Serial: 40132331063)

BT Homehub v3

Error:

After what seemed to be successful 'sync' when I first got the device last week it now seems to not want to connect to the internet.

I get a solid red light and a slow blinking/flashing internet white light.

Reboot - holding the reset button down does nothing.

Trace info:

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     4 ms     4 ms     3 ms  BThomehub.home [192.168.1.254]
  2    12 ms    11 ms    12 ms  217.32.141.148
  3    13 ms    87 ms    13 ms  217.32.141.222
  4    15 ms    16 ms    16 ms  217.41.216.218
  5    15 ms    15 ms    14 ms  31.55.164.247
  6    16 ms    15 ms    15 ms  31.55.164.109
  7    17 ms    15 ms    15 ms  acc2-10GigE-0-3-0-7.bm.21cn-ipp.bt.net [109.159.248.246]
  8    21 ms    23 ms    23 ms  core1-te-0-15-0-0.ilford.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.248.142]
  9    27 ms    20 ms    19 ms  peer1-xe3-3-1.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.254.211]
 10    21 ms    24 ms    20 ms  lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]
 11    21 ms    21 ms    22 ms  85.205.116.6
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Any ideas of a fix please?

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi folks,

d90nkv - Are you a BT Infinity customer by any chance? If so, this post may apply to you.

allsys - If your ISP haven't said there are any issues, would you be able to test the unit on another connection such as a friend or relatives just for a couple of hours so we can check if it's the unit or the service you're on? 

Cheers, Ben

Hi Ben

Yes I am a BT Infinity customer....but the link you sent doesn't work ...?  It sends me to a vodafone page with 'unexpected error'

Thanks

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi d90nkv,

I've fixed the link for you. Apologies I think I'd only set it to work in mobile browsers. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

Thanks Ben - works now.

However this post is dated 3rd May 2013? 3 months old... is there no update to this you can provide for Vodafone customers with SS issues?

Thanks

Hi.  if you look back through my posts you will find that this was an ongoing issue for which there is a simple solution.

Basically the SS3 unit and the BTHomeHub 3 unit are incompatible.  You need to upgrade your BTHome Hub unit to either V4 or V5 unit.  Since I am on Infinity it was the HomeHub5 unit, I used.

Once I replaced the HomeHub3 unit with a HomeHub5 unit everything worked and I have had  a stable system for several weeks now.

The Upgrade to HomeHub 5 is inexpensive.  Dont mess about trying to get the SS3 working with HomeHub3, it is a waste of time.  Any solution will be transient.

Good luck.

We are not using a BTHomeHub but thanks for the post.

We have tried the device at a friends house using sky and the device was up and working in a few hours so we know the device itself is not faulty.

We have contacted netgear who suggested setting it up as a DMZ server to illiminate any port problems which we have done (by allocating a stic ip adress and then putting this in as the DMZ server), but unfortunately we are still having the same problem.

Someone has mentioned that the ip addresses for Demon may need adding to a whitelist? Can anyone verify this for us?

Demon have already told us there are no ports blocked but this is looking more like an ISP issue to me. Now wheres that number for EE?