Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V3 solid red light, slow flashing internet light

allsys
2: Seeker

Hi There,

Have a new sure signal box with serial number 40124141306 (new one with a plug in it). Was ok for a week or so then for no reason will not work. The light sequence is solid red light, then slow flashing white internet light with nothing else displayed. Please can you help me to resolve asap. Test results from troubleshoot guide below:

Ping - 29ms (Jitter 2ms)

Download - 4.2mbps

Upload - 0.67mbps

IP - 2.218.99.152

Tracert results:

trace.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

allsys
I got my work to replace my box and the new one is now working so it looked like a faulty unit. However the other one worked for a week before it died so I will reserve judgement.

For the moment consider it resolved and probably a failty unit.

View solution in original position

46 REPLIES 46

Hi,

Our IT guys have suggested putting this on a Static IP. Can the sure Signal box be configured to use this?

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)
Only if issued by a DHCP Reservation

Just to add to this thread, I had the exact same symptoms as others here, with the internet light slowly blinking white.

I have a VSS v2 here working perfectly fine on the same connection, but this V3 one would not play ball. Tried all sorts of stuff, LOTS of frustrating time on the phone to tech support and finally got it replaced, only for the new v3 to do the same....

So after having a proper full scan of this thread to see if there could be anything I missed, I went into my router's config (Draytek Vigor 2820) and disabled all of the inbuilt VPN and VOIP functionality which I wasn't using, but was still partially active.

It's all conencted and working great now and I have mobile reception in my office outbuilding for the first time in about 4 months!

Hope this helps other frustrated VSS 3 users.

James

allsys
Yes... I too have tried the reset button and nothing happens. I have left the unit on since trying the supposed reset and the problem remains the same. White slow flashing internet light and red power light... nothing else displays. The book says this light sequence means connection in progress.

Any help greatly recieved as this is fustrating.

Thanks.

I get the feeling this suresignal box is flackey as hell, constant problems with it, all ports open and the reset sequence is a joke, sometimes works sometimes doesn't

allsys
I got my work to replace my box and the new one is now working so it looked like a faulty unit. However the other one worked for a week before it died so I will reserve judgement.

For the moment consider it resolved and probably a failty unit.

(Bounce this thread please as still not working)

Ben (Vodafone)

You referenced an ongoing investigation with BT - however this post is dated 3rd May 2013? Now 4 months old... is there no update to this you can provide for Vodafone customers with SS issues?

Thanks

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi d90nkv, 

We're still working with BT on this issue. We do appreciate the amount of time this is taking but we're unable to  provide a timescale. 

It does appear to be the Homehub 3 that's the issue as previous versions and the Homehub 4 are working.

Thanks, 

Kay

I have the same issue with my V3 device

However I also have a V2 SureSignal and that works perfectly.

I deregistered the V2 unit, plugged in my version 3, and I get nothing except red light solid and flashing internet light.

Because my version 2 unit works perfectly, it's not an internet-related issue.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guyhemmings,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

• Your speed test results from here.
  • Your ping test results from here.
  • Your external IP address from here
  • The results of a traceroute.
  • Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

1. Click on Start and select Run
  2. Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
  3. A black box will appear.
  4. In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
  5. Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Jenny