Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V3 solid red light, slow flashing internet light

allsys
2: Seeker

Hi There,

Have a new sure signal box with serial number 40124141306 (new one with a plug in it). Was ok for a week or so then for no reason will not work. The light sequence is solid red light, then slow flashing white internet light with nothing else displayed. Please can you help me to resolve asap. Test results from troubleshoot guide below:

Ping - 29ms (Jitter 2ms)

Download - 4.2mbps

Upload - 0.67mbps

IP - 2.218.99.152

Tracert results:

trace.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

allsys
I got my work to replace my box and the new one is now working so it looked like a faulty unit. However the other one worked for a week before it died so I will reserve judgement.

For the moment consider it resolved and probably a failty unit.

View solution in original position

46 REPLIES 46

Hi Ben,

ping 47ms

Download 11.61Mbps

Upload 0.91.

sorry for the confusion.

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)

What router are you using on your demon internet connection?

Maybe a bit of a long shot, but since demon are now owned by vodafone, maybe they can send you a new router that is known to work with their suresignal :Smiling:

I'm using a netgear DGND3700v2

TBH the customer services agent I spoke to didn't even know that demon is now owned by vodaphone.

grolschuk

Looking through their manual, I can't see anything that would disable the VPN facility on the router, as that may be getting in the way.

Instead of passing on all of the data, it sees VPN signalling info and terminates it itself when it shouldn't.

You could try changing the Setup -> WAN Setup -> NAT Filtering option to be Open

and Disable the SIP ALG

Then save and reboot the router, followed by the suresignal.

If that does not work, change the settings back and take a look at this link

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/VSS-working-with-Netgear-DGND3700v2/td-p/1220300

Thanks for the reply.

I will try what you suggest, however all the ports have already been opened as suggested in the link you provided.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mrsfiregazer.

There's been some great support here from grolschuk.

Let me know how you get on after trying these steps.

If you're still facing the same issues, we'll need to check it's not the hardware. 

Please try your Sure Signal at a friend or family members with a different connection and let us know how you get on.

DaveCD

djmaitla
4: Newbie
A most helpful and useful reply. This is the sort of info we need on this forum. Answers to real issues beyond the very basic checks.