Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V3 solid red light slow flashing, white, internet light

robsown
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm starting a new thread , it's an old problem and judging by the number of existing threads something that surely by now Vodafone should have sorted out, but I can't figure out which of the 500+ threads to join, that says something about sure signal - doesn't it ?

I have a shiny new Vodafone V3 made by Alcatel- Lucent, it replaces a 2 year old VSS1 which went blank and gave up a few weeks ago.

After spending over two hours, over two sessions on Vodafone service chat, I have ditched the netgear router and installed a new TP-link, which I'm assured has UPnP capability, as does the V3 - Joke !!

I've worked my way through dozens of threads they all seem to come back to port forwarding and manually entering over 70 IP addresses is that right !! I don't have the time or techinical knowledge to do that , all Vodafone seem to do by way of help is direct you to the "Portforwarding web site" which shows how to port forward on the router I have but not how to enter the IP addresses. 

So I've mastered the port forwarding....

Before port forwarding was set up the V3 had a flashing red light and an orange service light

After port forwarding it has a soild red light and a slowly flashing , white , internet light... it's been like that for days !

I've tried a hard reset

I've tried de-registering and re-registering, the dashboard shows registered.

I've tried Tracert which just puts up a row of * * *'s and then times out.

I'm obviously missing something ,

All help gratefully received before the whole lot goes in the skip !

Thanks

Rob

20 REPLIES 20

Left the VSS plugged in at home all weekend , now connected !!

Thanks