Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Version 1 Factory Reset

xentrix
4: Newbie

Hi,

I'm having a lot of issues with my sure signal (v1) that upto a few weeks ago worked perfectly.

The issues seemed to start when my sure signal was derigistered by Vodafone.... I had set it up ( a few years ago) with a pay as you go sim as the primary number.... I hadnt used that number for a while and it got killed off and I had to reregister the sure signal with a current number.

This has now been done....but I'm still not picking up the sure signal on my phone.

What I have noticed is that the sure signal isnt doing the normal light sequence when I try to do a factory reset (Ive done many of these at home and at work).... normally when you press the reset button... it goes to one light lit....then lights each light one by one etc etc

When I hold down the reset button.....all the lights come on (at the same time)....until I release the button.... Ive never seen this before....is this normal or does it indicate a fault on the sure signal.

The SN is 21197039015

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, I can confirm that the update has again fixed the issue with the V1 suresignal.

Thanks

View solution in original position

29 REPLIES 29

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi xentrix,

Thaks for posting.

How are things with it now?

I can see that the last contact with the Sure Signal was yesterday at 18:27.

Also can you let us know the light sequence when it's switched on?

Thanks

Ian

It powers on....and goes through the normal setup routine until all 3 lights are lit.

It then just sits there and our phones will not connect to it.... thats why I want to do the factory reset.

Everytime I attempt to do this it just lights all the lights instead of going through the normal sequence.

FYI it may appear off on your system as I am using a suresignal v3 at the moment as I have no signal in the house without a suresignal.....both sure signals dont appear to like being plugged in at once 🙂

Does the light sequence indicate a fault on the V1 sure signal?

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi xentrix,

Is the serial number you gave previously for the version 1 or version 3?

Thanks

Ian

Hi,

Yes the serial number provided is the V1 sure signal.

I think the V1 unit is faulty.... if I plug my V3 unit in everything works perfectly....so I know there is no issue with the broadband connection.

The version 1 unit when plugged in...displays the normal three lights...but none of the phones pick up the signal.

Also as mentioned I've factory reset sure signals loads of times before (we use them at work as well)...I've never seen a version 1 sure signal light all lights when a factory reset is done.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi xentrix,

Thanks for confirming. The V1 hasn't had a software update for some time. I could manually push one down for you, but I'd need to ensure the Sure Signal was connected for 24 hours from doing the update.

If it's something you'd like me to do, let me know and we'll reply to let you know it's en route. I don't want to push it without your agreeing to have it connected, as this can 'brick' your unit. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

Hi... thats interesting... up until a week or so ago the V1 had been plugged in and operational 24/7 for well...years.

So Im suprised that the firmware wasnt upto date.... or do firmware updates only get pushed out on request?.

I would be interested to know as we have several V1 units at work.... which may also require updates!

I will be in touch soon to let you know when you can go ahead with the V1 update.

Hi,

My V1 sure signal 21197039015 is now plugged in... you can go ahead with the firmware update now.

Thanks

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi xentrix, 

I've had the update pushed out to your Sure Signal now.

Please don't perform any resets or unplug the unit for at least 24 hours. 

Thanks, 

Kay

Hi... I'm assuming the update has worked.... I'm now picking up phone signal...for the first time in a few weeks.

We have a V1 sure signal at work that has a similar fault....would you be able to push the firmware update out to this unit as well.... its serial number is :-  21225097472

Thanks!