Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Version 1 Factory Reset

xentrix
4: Newbie

Hi,

I'm having a lot of issues with my sure signal (v1) that upto a few weeks ago worked perfectly.

The issues seemed to start when my sure signal was derigistered by Vodafone.... I had set it up ( a few years ago) with a pay as you go sim as the primary number.... I hadnt used that number for a while and it got killed off and I had to reregister the sure signal with a current number.

This has now been done....but I'm still not picking up the sure signal on my phone.

What I have noticed is that the sure signal isnt doing the normal light sequence when I try to do a factory reset (Ive done many of these at home and at work).... normally when you press the reset button... it goes to one light lit....then lights each light one by one etc etc

When I hold down the reset button.....all the lights come on (at the same time)....until I release the button.... Ive never seen this before....is this normal or does it indicate a fault on the sure signal.

The SN is 21197039015

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, I can confirm that the update has again fixed the issue with the V1 suresignal.

Thanks

View solution in original position

29 REPLIES 29

Hello Rahim

I have not been able to use the sure signal.

I do not think it works with BT Business Hub.

Please advice if there has been any development.

With thanks

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem.

V1 Suresignal S/N 21231522828

D/l 7.3 Mbps U/L 1.11 Mbps

Ping 36ms

external IP 2a00:23c1:6a82:8600:c992:bb9c:998e:f141

Normal boot sequence, 1,2 and 4 lit...no 3G.

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  bthub [192.168.1.254]
  2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  3     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  4    10 ms    11 ms    11 ms  217.41.217.125
  5    14 ms    13 ms    13 ms  212.140.235.234
  6    15 ms    15 ms    15 ms  213.120.180.167
  7    14 ms    14 ms    14 ms  213.120.179.81
  8    19 ms    14 ms    14 ms  acc1-10GigE-2-0-2.sf.21cn-ipp.bt.net [109.159.251.87]
  9    27 ms    27 ms    27 ms  core2-te0-12-0-6.ealing.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.251.135]
 10    23 ms    21 ms    21 ms  peer6-te0-9-0-7.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.252.45]
 11    23 ms    27 ms    23 ms  t2c3-et-3-3-0-0.uk-lon1.eu.bt.net [166.49.211.238]
 12    22 ms    21 ms    22 ms  166-49-211-254.eu.bt.net [166.49.211.254]
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Would you be kind enough to push me any firmware upgrades available. My Suresignal is plugged in 24/7 so you can start when ready.

many thanks and merry christmas too!

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Nightlight

I've processed a resync on your Sure Signal. Please wait 6 hours before resetting the device.

Let us know how you get on. 

@alansidik

If you haven't used your Sure Signal for 12 months, we'll automatically de-register your device. After this point it won't be possible to re activate this on our network.

You'll need to purchase a new Sure Signal moving forward. 

Katieflinn
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hi, I've relocated and reset my device changing postcode etc. The device still is not working.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Katieflinn I've attempted to make contact with your Sure Signal device by performing a ping test, however the test wasn't succesful. 

As the device isn't responding to our server request, you therefore won't be able to use the Sure Signal again unfortunately.

You'll need to look into getting a replacement V3 Sure Signal, as the warranty will have expired on your current V1 device. 

It has never worked so nothing is lost.

With seasonal greetings.

natalia508
2: Seeker

Have all V1 sure signals been deresgistered now? Is this a way to make us buy new sure signals? I've tried for 5 days to get a diagnosis on my sure signal which worked fine for years until suddenly 5 days ago it stopped working, and I was told it was deregistered. It was reregistered and I was told it would work again in 2-6 hours, but that was yesterday 1.45pm, and it's still not working now. Today I was told that it is difinitively dead and I will have to visit a store to buy a new one. My office V1 sure signal has also stopped working. If this is a planned deregistering of all v1 sure signals, Vodafone should have notified us in advance, and offered to replace it. I believe Vodafone should provide those paying for a mobile service but receive no signal a sure signal for free anyway, but that is another matter. WIthout sure signal I have no service and I cannot run my life or my business without it! 

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@natalia508

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your Sure Signal version one. 

They do have a shelf life and may stop working ater a while. Although it may be worth trying another power cable to check if that works with it.

Alternatively, you can purchase a new Sure Signal online.

natalia508

Have all V1 sure signals been deresgistered now? Is this a way to make us buy new sure signals? I've tried for 5 days to get a diagnosis on my sure signal which worked fine for years until suddenly 5 days ago it stopped working, and I was told it was deregistered. It was reregistered and I was told it would work again in 2-6 hours, but that was yesterday 1.45pm, and it's still not working now. Today I was told that it is definitively dead and I will have to visit a store to buy a new one. My office V1 sure signal has also stopped working. If this is a planned deregistering of all v1 sure signals, Vodafone should have notified us in advance, and offered to replace it. I believe Vodafone should provide those paying for a mobile service but receive no signal a sure signal for free anyway, but that is another matter. WIthout sure signal I have no service and I cannot run my life or my business without it! 

I look after several V1's and a few V3's at my work and Ive also got a V1 at home. Mine are all working so I'm not sure what could be wrong with yours.

I have V1's that were perfectly working just suddenly stop before and do nothing.  Having vodafone force a firmware update on the units always fixed this for me.

I also had a V1 which was plugged in and powered on but refused to work...when I swapped the power supply around and tested the power from my working suresignal I found it was the PSU that caused the issue!

So if its not the power supply or a firmware update then im not sure what it could be...good luck!