Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Version 1 Not working

xentrix
4: Newbie

I would like to start with mentioning that I have done all the troubleshooting steps that are normal... I have managed six sure signals for a number of years so I'm pretty familiar with their quirks and how to fix them but this is a new one to me....

The sure signal in question is S/N 21225097472

This is a sure signal V1 and light wise this is what is happening.

Light 1 lights up, Followed by light 2.... Light 3 starts flashing but never goes solid....it just flashes for a while then all lights go off and we go back around again!

This Suresignal is in the same IP address range with a firewall rule that apply to all our other suresignals (which are working fine by the way).

We have also put the suresignal on a broadband connection for testing ....allways with the same light sequence.

Can you check this box remotely and perhaps force a firmware update (if there is one available)... as that is the only thing that I can think of that hasnt been done!

5 REPLIES 5

xentrix
4: Newbie

From looking through various other posts there are alot of people with similar problems on the V1.... all fixed with a firmware update.

So... can my unit (S/N 21225097472) please have the latest firmware update pushed out!

Thanks.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@xentrix 

I've checked the serial number and can see that there has been a action pending which started around the time you posted.

This has been cleared but I've been unable to communicate with the device which indicates a fault at the connection.

The first thing to do is swap it with one of the working Sure Signals to see if it works on another connection.

If this is the case, check at the original location using a different Ethernet and power cable.

If you're still having issues, we'll need the following information:

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

DaveCD

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately the suresignal had been unplugged. Ive plugged it back in... the power light came on....followed by the normal sequence through all four lights.

The power light has now gone off....and both lights at the ethernet connection port are constantly lit up.

Is this normal? Ive never seen it do this before.....

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@xentrix 

Please ensure that the Sure Signal is connected and I'll push through the firmware.

DaveCD

Hi Dave,

My suresignal is plugged in power light is on @ light is flashing at the moment.

Hopefully by the time you read this it will show as connected your end...so can you push the firmware update down asap!

thanks