Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Version 1 power supplies

MartinBar
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Thanks for posting this. I had problems with my Version 1 Sure Signal. It would power on - the second light flash and then go solid and then the 4th light would start flashing. Then all the lights would go out and it would start again after a pause.

After two support chats and phone calls and multiple resets of the unit I was getting no where until I found this. I got a new power supply from Robert Dyas and everyting is now working fine again.

It is real shame that Vodafone support could not have worked out that if all the lights go out a power supply problem is a possibility - in fact I am kicking myself that I did not work it out myself

1 REPLY 1

cineriv
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi Martin

You had was what I like to call the 'cycling effect'

What is different about your failure is that the power light fails as well which is unusual, in most cases the power light strangely remains fairly stable which, of cause, is a red herring!  ...... the power supply is providing enough power to illuminate the power LED but not much else!

The problem currently is rife on V1 units but is now becoming more frequent on V2's

You only have to look at my profile to see how many have failed just in the past month or two and these are only the ones that I have picked up but there are many others (such as yours)

The fault is documented here......

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/SureSignal-1-flashing-but-not-working-possible-f...

Although you have solved yours, correctly rated power supplies are readibly available on Amazon and Ebay for around £10 or less.

Regards,

Mike.