Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Version 2 not working

dpal
2: Seeker

I have frequently had problems with this thing since I started it a few years ago but this time it won't re-boot and having spent many hours trying to get it to work, I finally reached the forum and after searching finally found Wayne's posting of 10.22 am 300914.

I'm almost speechless - I thought that Vodafone is a communications company - if that is true, it should be prosecuted under the trades description act, because it doesn't even communicate directly with its customers - the people who make its profit, never mind ensure that its communications products actually deliver the benefits used to sell them.

Like so many others I depend on Sure Signal to run my phones - we have now been without a signal for 2-3 days.

I wonder what would happen to Vodafone if it couldn't communicate with its suppliers or customers?

Please help me to manage this problem by telling me

1) When will this be fixed

2) How will I know

3) Should I leave the box with the first (power) light and the second (headlamp) lights flashing, running, so it can re-boot itself when (I trust) you have fixed the problem or should I switch it all off and await an update?

4 REPLIES 4

HMR
1: Seeker

We have had exactly the same issue over the last few days, developing from very occasional problems in the past.  We have needed to press the reset button several times.  We have tried powering it down, rebooting our WiFi router, the WiFi router shows it as connected, but it simply is not working.  We live in a village, so without the Sure Signal our phones have poor signal.  We are with BT broadband infinity (no issues with our broadband line, which has a good speed) but know they have changed the email system at the weekend, so wonder if this has caused the issue.

Are Vodafone aware of any current issues with BT lines or software upgrades (perhaps in their WiFi Home Hub 5) that might be causing the issue with Sure Signal V2 software?

HMR

Tony_Forden
1: Seeker

Simply not acceptable....  sure signal not working for almost 5 days now !! ( BT Wi-Fi is perfect; device has been registered with Vodafone for more than 2 years.

We absolutely need this device where we live... IF I STAY WITH VODAFONE !

Unless it's fixed fast....  I guess its time to change over to ORANGE who provide a good signal in our area !

dpal
 I posted this last night and have seen nothing since Wayne's update 10.22am 300914

This really is not helpful - how do I know you've recieved it, never mind whether you can answer my questions (I have copied them, in bold, within a copy of my previous posting below.

Sure Signal Version 2 not working

I have frequently had problems with this thing since I started it a few years ago but this time it won't re-boot and having spent many hours trying to get it to work, I finally reached the forum and after searching finally found Wayne's posting of 10.22 am 300914.

I'm almost speechless - I thought that Vodafone is a communications company - if that is true, it should be prosecuted under the trades description act, because it doesn't even communicate directly with its customers - the people who make its profit, never mind ensure that its communications products actually deliver the benefits used to sell them.

Like so many others I depend on Sure Signal to run my phones - we have now been without a signal for 2-3 days.

I wonder what would happen to Vodafone if it couldn't communicate with its suppliers or customers?

Please help me to manage this problem by telling me

1) When will this be fixed

2) How will I know

3) Should I leave the box with the first (power) light and the second (headlamp) lights flashing, running, so it can re-boot itself when (I trust) you have fixed the problem or should I switch it all off and await an update?

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

@dpal -  Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

@Tony_Forden and @HMR – For more information on the issues, please see here.

Cheers,

Laura