Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal all lights off!

RobMorland
4: Newbie

Hi there

My Sure Signal has just stopped working.  Before this it had worked fine since January.  On switching on this morning only the power light came on, nothing else.  No change after 2 hours.  I have tried the reset sequence (hold reset button, 10 secs, power off, 10 secs, power on, 10 secs, release reset button) but this doesn't appear to breathe life into it.  Now all the lights are off.  The network connection is working fine through it, but no mobile signal.

I see from Jenny's 'Lights and Sequences' post that neither of my light combinations (just the power light on and all lights off) are in her 'full list of different light sequences' so I'm not sure what to do next!

Model: 9361

Part No: 3JR09113ABBA

I hope someone can help!

Rob

27 REPLIES 27

Rob

The last server your PC connects to according to your tracert is a Vodafone registered server at 85.205.0.86

I have the same symptoms as you do with a different ISP.

I'm not an IT pro by any stretch so maybe barking up the wrong tree, but maybe someone from Voda can confirm that there are no issue with the server at 85.205.0.86 as this seems to be the location where both of our connections get to, but to no avail.

I have created my own thread in this section for reference here

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi RobMorland.

To find out what you need to do in order to get this sorted take a look at our Vodafone Repairs Thread. This can be found here.

Hi D3URY

I can confirm that the server is up and running with many users connecting.

DaveCD

Hello Vodafone people!

Can I please remind you that my Sure Signal is still not working.  See above post for confirmation that it is nothing to do with my installation or broadband connection.  If it isn't something at your end then I think I have a dead Sure Signal box.

Please respond and let me know what we do now.

Thanks!

Rob

Hello Vodafone!

Could someone please get back to me as soon as possible with the next step to solve my problem?  I have paid £100 for a device that has stopped working after less than six months.  This is seriously affecting my business.  I may have to change operator if we don't get a solution soon.

I believe we have eliminated my home network and Virgin's broadband network as causes of the problem, see above on this thread.  That means it is a problem at your end or a duff Sure Signal unit.  As you've said your end is fine I suspect the Sure Signal unit.  If you agree please send me a new one ASAP.

I have just plugged the unit back in just in case there is anything further you can do to interrogate it from your end.

Thanks

Rob

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi RobMorland,

As your Sure Signal comes with a 24 month warranty, please see DaveCD's post to arrange a repair.

Cheers,

Ben

Thanks very much Ben.  I have now spoken to the warranty repair team and they are arranging to have my unit returned for repair.

I will post again with news when I (hopefully) get a working Sure Signal!

Rob

Hello everyone

I'd just like to finish this thread on a positive note.  After many weeks going through all the possibilities we finally all agreed that it was most likely an expired Sure Signal box.  I returned this to Vodafone and have just received a replacement.  I have registered this, plugged it in and within a couple of hours it is working perfectly and I have four bars of signal indoors where I need it!

I wonder what the MTBF of these units is looking like?  They do get pretty hot to touch on the outside casework.  Is the thermal management all worked out correctly? Could the chips be cooking inside? Given the number of posts to this forum, Vodafone should be collecting some good statistics now.

Hopefully this new unit will last more than the seven months of its predecessor!

D3URY
4: Newbie
Rob

What version is your sure signal ?

Just a suggestion. I've managed to get my sure signal version 1 connecting by replacing the power supply. I had essentially the same symptoms as you. Power light and occasional flashing @ light. I think that the supply voltage from the supply drops when a load from the SS increases as it initiates connection. You'll need a 12v 1.5A supply. It's worth a try !