Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal all set up but phones not picking up

RichardOrmerod
3: Seeker

I bought a version 3 device yesterday afternoon.

Plugged it it.

Registered 3 numbers.

All the lights are active, but all 3 phones are only showing 2 bar signal strength and not recognising/ connecting to the Sure Signal Box.

It is plugged into a BT Home Hub 5 and we have superfast fibre-optic broadband.

Any ideas before I take it back for a refund?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RichardOrmerod

The solution was;

The Sure Signal is only 3G.

So we had 3 devices that were all set to 4G.

Changed their Settings -> Mobile Data to 3G and everything worked fine.

I didn't see this recommendation in any of the material.

Poor documentation.

I found out by asking an on-line question and someone from the Sure Signal Tech Support team called me back! Much better than navigating the phone system.

The guy did say you can reach the Sure Signal Tech Support team directly by calling Call 03333 040 191 then take option 2 three times and finally option 5 

View solution in original position

15 REPLIES 15

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Is the Sure Signal in the same room ?

Please take a look through these Sure Signal Trouble Shooting threads :

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Vodafone-Sure-Signal-troubleshooting/td-p/23917...

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Troubleshooting-Please-read-before-posting/td-p/...

as these may help to resolve issues. They have links to the key things you can do to try and self resolve the issue you are experiencing.

FAQs : https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Network-and-coverage/Sure-Signal/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

cineriv
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi Richard,

The Sure Signal can take up to 24 hours to connect.

http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Network-and-coverage/Sure-Signal/38911145/How-do-I-register-and-set-up...

Regards.

RichardOrmerod

The solution was;

The Sure Signal is only 3G.

So we had 3 devices that were all set to 4G.

Changed their Settings -> Mobile Data to 3G and everything worked fine.

I didn't see this recommendation in any of the material.

Poor documentation.

I found out by asking an on-line question and someone from the Sure Signal Tech Support team called me back! Much better than navigating the phone system.

The guy did say you can reach the Sure Signal Tech Support team directly by calling Call 03333 040 191 then take option 2 three times and finally option 5 

Now thats interesting. My sure signal is finally back up and running after the 'virgin media issue' that caused a complete outage for weeks for a lot of us with zero support or communication from Vodafone. I had a VSS2 previously in 2 different addresses and that would just stop working for no reason too. There doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. Its flaky at best.

Im now back to my original problem though which is the same as yours - I have posted a question about it here a couple of times since i got it in August. Again no support or response from Vodafone.

I have 2 iphone 6's that only connect to the VSS when they are set to 3G. They do seem to work when set to 4G initially when I restart the VSS but after that only connect when set to 3G again. I also plugged the VSS in at work and the phone connected when set to 4G there. We have an iphone 5/5s also but that connects when set to 4G fine.

Seems crazy to be paying for expensive 4G on 3 phones (combined £105/month) and switching it over to 3G/4G every single time i leave and enter the house!

Another vodafone user here said they were using a 4G phone fine on the VSS. 

Vodafone for the third time, can you please fix/advise on this. 

You definitely have to switch to 3G to connect to Sure Signal.

It will NOT work on 4G - a totally different technology.

You can contact Vodafone Sure Signal team by calling 

03333 040 191 then take option 2 three times and finally option 5 – straight to the Sure Signal team (they say).

Good luck.

Are there any other 4G phone users out there who are successfully using their phone set to 4G or do you have to set it to 3G too? There must be many iphone 6 users out there too im sure?

Mine initially worked on 4g, but doesnt seem to work at all now, even after switching it to 3G, any ideas people? Lights are solid except for the in use light, really not sure what to do now.

It will definitely only work with your phone set to 3G.

I found the phoen support quite good and they told me how to get straight through to them: 

Call 03333 040 191 then take option 2 three times and finally option 5 – straight to the Sure Signal team.

jeffkinn

@RichardOrmerod wrote:

It will definitely only work with your phone set to 3G.

I found the phoen support quite good and they told me how to get straight through to them: 

Call 03333 040 191 then take option 2 three times and finally option 5 – straight to the Sure Signal team.

Absolutely untrue. I have a number of 4G phones in the house and they all connect very successfully to my Sure Signal and I've never had to change them to a 3G setting.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png