Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal & Fujitsu 3G Laptops

AWP_Techie
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

HI All,

Serial Number *40130435478 - (This is registered against one of our other techies names).

BACKGROUND:

I am an I.T. Tech for an NHS Trust which has purchased a Sure Signal for use in a non-existant signal area

in a hospital.

Our purchaser has assumed that Safe Signal can accept connections from a laptop fitted with 3G internal

hardware. However, nowhere in the meagre manual, setup process or web-site does it explicitly say this

is so.

We have followed the procedures explicitly, have reached the point where a mobile phone gets a text message

saying it has been added to the list.

The problem we currently have is that the Fujitsu laptops do not show any new 3G connections available, even when within spitting distant of the Sure Signal.

We do not have a list of the phone numbers in our 3G laptops.  We have a sim id, an example being:

(removed)

However, this cannot be input on your web-page, which is after a phone number.  

QUESTIONS:

Does the Sure Signal accept/understand connections from 3G enabled Laptops.

(If it doesn't, why are we even trying... ).

How can I get a phone number from the SIM ID... do I need to contact the company, who

provided the Laptops/Sims, in the hope they have a comprehensive list of SIM ID v

Phone Number?

Regards,

Paul Whitfield.

1 REPLY 1

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Paul,

The sure Signal will work with 3G enabled laptops although you may find that the data speeds could be a little slow.

This is down to the Sure Signal being primarily designed for voice and text.

With the Laptops, are the SIM’s from Vodafone UK?

The reason that I ask is that the Sure Signal will only work with a Vodafone SIM and number.

If they are Vodafone SIM’s, the quickest way to get the phone numbers attached to them is to put them in a phone and call *#100#

James