Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal & iPhone 5

efc1888
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I received my new phone today and have spent the day with failed calls, failed texts and little to no signal.

My wife who is also on vodafone has a solid 5 bar signal so I'm assuming it is something to do with the new sim not yet being recognised or theres a problem with my iphone.  

I have followed all of the trouble shooting guides on the sure signal to no avail.  Can someone do a reset/sync of the SS from your side?  I've got the original SS1 which stands up with the 4 green lights - serial number is 21222426906

All lights are working, the wifes HTC has reconnected to the sure signal with no problems since I rebooted it etc.

The calls & texts seem to work if I turn off 3G on the phone but as I've paid for a sure signal I would expect this to work with the iphone with no problems.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not sure if you have done anything in the background but it appears to be working now

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue having completed these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

Thanks
Matt

Thanks

1). Does the issue happen in just one location. If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service ?

Yes just in my house - when out of range of the SS everything is fine

2). What is the full postcode of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the forum, add it to your profile here

on profile

3). Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

cant as its a nano sim - unless you want to send me a back up iphone 🙂

4). Are there any issues in your area already reported on the Faults Board?

no

5). Does this issue happen on 2G, 3G or both? To check, go to the Help Centre, select your phone and then select "network".

only 3g and when im trying to call or text another phone using the SS (the wife)

6). What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

call failed or sending text failed.  Wife cant text me

7) When did you first notice this issue?

when i got my new phone today

😎 Is the issue permanent or intermittent (If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs)?

permanent

Not sure if you have done anything in the background but it appears to be working now

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi efc1888,

Thanks for the update; it’s great to hear your new phone is now connecting successfully to your Sure Signal. Any changes that are made (adding users etc) can take up to 24 hours to go through, so this could be what you encountered.

If you do have any further questions, you know where we are.

Thanks

Andrew