Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal and 4G

TheArchetect
4: Newbie

Will my existing sure signal box work with 4G? Or will have to get a new box? Either way will I get an improved 4G download through sure signal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi TheArchitect,

At the moment the Sure Signal only supports 3G services so you won’t be able to use 4G with the current Sure Signal.

James

View solution in original position

19 REPLIES 19

2 MB connection

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
On the slow side for broadband.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Yah. Pretty poor in rural locations as is mobile siginal. About time Vodafone invests and improves signal strength.

jeffkinn
It's all economies. Vodafone is spending a billion pounds a year on upgrading the network but they have to service the majority of the population rather than the largest geographical area to get an adequate return. BT has the same issue.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

do all the networks share masks?

jeffkinn

No networks share masts.

Vodafone and O2 have an agreement whereby the are sharing the construction of the 4G network and use the same poles but they each have their own transmission equipment on those poles.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

So it doesn't pay to have 4G, it seems - now the Sure Signal is no help at all, AND the BT Infinity Broadband that was so fast, barely works when I have more than one device connected to it. 

Bought a Blackberry Priv - Vodafone can;t get them (yet?) so went direct to Bberry.  It's a nice Android. 

Ive just bought and installed a Suresync as was having problems with calls in our house. We get a reasonably good 4g sig and data runs very well at up to 30megs. Anyway, my Motorola phone latches onto the 3g signal from the suresync once I've been in the house a few minutes instead of the 4g signal. Once I go back out it latches onto the 4g signal as you would expect. All this with no input from me. The odd occasion it hasn't latched onto the the 3g suresync signal it does so the moment I make a call.

I was missing calls and having problems calling from my mobile in the house and since I got the suresync I've had no further problems. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Though operators are trialling Voice over Long Term Evolution (VoLTE), most phones will drop back to 3G for calls.