cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal and Asus DSL-N55u not working together.

time2relax
2: Seeker

Would appreciate some help - not sure if this should be a new thread!

SAS (V2) box works OK on past 2 Routers ( Netgear & BT Homehub )- with no user set-ups required. For various reasons I now have an Asus DSL-N55u which works in all respects except for Vodafone SS Box, which after every reset just has a solid power light. I have port-forwarding the required ports (as in your web troubleshooting guide) manually and via PFconfig - still no joy. Log indicates ASSURED from 212.183.131.131:500 and UNREPLIED on port 4500 these being the only entries for the SS box.

By swapping in the BT Homehub the SS box comes up OK within 10 mins.

Tearing out the few hairs left on my head. A bit bamboozled in my dotage with all this broadband stuff but can still manage the basics (tracert etc) WAN-NAT passthrough is enabled for all except PPPoE relay (whatever that is).

Any help much appreciated - as totally reliant on SS for 3G connectivity at home.

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi time2relax,

Thanks for posting. :Smiling:

I've made this into a new thread as there's no problems with the Sure Signal itself. I've also changed the title to help your post get the right attention. :Winking_smiley:

While my team can't provide support on your router, there may be other members of the community who can suggest a fix beyond the port forwarding.

Cheers, Ben

Paulhbromley

try it in the DMZ works for me