Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal and iPhone 5

newsbloke
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All ..

I bought two new iPhone 5's today both of which I would like to work with my Sure Signal (orignal version).

I can seen from these forums that iPhone 5's and VSS don't always get off to a good start - mine is no exception.

I wondered if someone from the tech team would force a re-sync on my VSS please?  It's serial number is 21230685881.

I'll then do a hard reset here.

Thanks!

17 REPLIES 17

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi newsbloke,  

I’d be glad to help so I’ve just forced a resync of your device.

To make sure the resync completes, can you perform a factory reset:-

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi there... I'm another new iPhone user with a Sure Signal that will not work with my new phone. Please can you reset my Sure signal box (Serial No: 21197241959) so it see my new SIM. Thanks.

Hi e2rodney,

I have re-synced the Sure Signal for you however; can you confirm when the SIM for your iPhone 5 was activated?

James

Thanks for the resyncing, James. But I'm afraid it doesn't seem to have any effect even after I have done several resets here.

I swapped my old iPhone 4 for a new iPhone 5 at your Salisbury store on Jan 2nd and the manager there (Leslie) deactivated my old SIM and activated the new SIM while I was there.

I hope you can help me get over this infuriating problem because the Sure Signal box was brilliant with my old phone.

Rodney.

Hi I am using an iPhone5 and a new SS plugin.

The SS has a red power light and 2 solid white lights so I'm assuming I am connected to you correctly. However the light that shows a G3 connection is not on.

I activated my new sim last Friday and plugged in my SS yesterday morning, my previous SS v1  had developed a fault.

The serial number is 40123622827

Can you tell if I am connected?

Can you tell if my new SS is correctly regesterd?

Would a re-sync help?

Also what is the correct way to hard reset the new SS as holding down the reset button for 30 seconds doesn't make all the lights come on.

Thanks

De-registered my SS and re-registered after a couple or hours or so. Seems to have done the trick.

cheers

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi MacShemp,

Thanks for letting us know this is now resolved :Smiling:

e2rodney, I’ve looked into this and everything is matching up on the network meaning that the SIM change has fully updated.

Please try deregistering your Sure Signal and leave it for a few hours before reregistering as this should resolve the problem.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Jenny

Well, I've done as I was asked, several times now, and still no joy. My SS box will simply not work with my new iPhone 5. Please provide me with a new solution. 

Hi e2rodney, 

It can take a little longer than normal for the Sure Signal to recognise your iPhone 5 - I know it's frustrating but it will pick it up soon and give you the signal you need.

In the meantime, I've forced another resynch for  your unit, try another reset on your Sure Signal and see if it comes online for you.

Paul