Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal and iPhone 5S only 3 bar signal strength

Ndmaynard
4: Newbie

Hi

I have a new iPhone 5S but it only gets 3 (sometimes 2) bars of signal strength.  My old iPhone 4 used to get 5.

In fact I'm not even sure the SS box is making any difference as I get the same number of bars if I turn Wi-Fi off.

Anyone know why this is and what I can do.

Sure signal box has the solid red light and the white left hand button (not the one that normally lights up when making a call).

In fact I've just noticed the other light now doesnt light up when making a call - which I'm guessing is the probelsm.

How do I resolve it???

24 REPLIES 24

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Ndmaynard,

I can see from your traceroute that it fails at step 2, this indicates that something isn't quite right at the setup.

Please try with a different Ethernet cable in case a fault has developed.

Also when changing SIMs (often after an upgrade), you'll need to remove the number from the Sure Signal, reset it and add the number back on so the new SIM is recognised.

If you're still having difficulties, please let us know what lights you're seeing on the Sure Signal.

DaveCD

Hi

As I'm the registered owner of the SS Box my number is registered automatically as far as I can see so have no idea how I remove the number from the box.

How do I do this??

Also my daughters number and phone hasnt changed so can't see why it wouldn't be picking that up.

I have changed the cable and can't see any difference in performance and the one next to it (signal / wifi) one is lit at all times.  If i force the phone to connect then I can make the other white one light up sometimes as well but not if I don't force connect it.

I have a permanent red light on and the 

Where do I go now?? All this connection problem has only been since I swapped my sim over which resulted in the box having to be re-registered to me due to how my phone number was swapped within vodafone.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Ndmaynard,

Your Sure Signal made connection with the network on 24 October at 11.44pm.

From your last post it shows you’re seeing a red light and the next part is missing, please let me know the exact light sequence you’re now seeing.

If possible, please also test your Sure Signal at a different location.

Thanks,

Gemma

Ndmaynard
Hi

Not sure what has happened but it all seems to be working fine now. Will keep an eye on things though and repost if necessary. Thanks

Ndmaynard
Arghhhhhhhhh

It's now not working again

I get the solid red light on all the time and the White one next to it (like a wifi signal) is also on.

If I force connect my phone I get the White "call" button to work as well but still can't get it to connect without force connecting it.

There's not really anywhere else I could try it so what next?

As I can force connect it I'm assuming it is capable of working properly but is just having trouble finding my phone each time.

Someone else suggested deregistering my phone from the box but as the box is set up under this no how do I do that? It allows me to delete other users and numbers but not me.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Ndmaynard ,

A lot of the symptoms you've mentioned in this thread points to an issue with your power lead. Over time, it's not uncommon for the voltage to drop.

If you're unable to test your Sure Signal at a friend or relative's house for an hour, can you try another 12V lead? 

For de-registering your Sure Signal:

Login to My Vodafone.
● Click on the Sure Signal option.
● Select the Register/Deregister Sure Signal option.

You can deregister from here. Once you get an email to confirm it's complete, you can register from fresh. You may need to clear your browser cache and cookies and use a fresh window before registering again.

Cheers,

Ben

HI I seem to be having the same issue with my Iphone 5s not working with my sure signal please could you resych to see if this resolves the fault the serial number on the unit is 41113725604. 

Thanks a lot 

Pete 

Hi @PeterCharlwood 

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Laura

Hi Laura thanks for the reply i am not at home today so will not be able to get you the details but did you manage to resynch my sure signal as i think i have the issue with having changed sim and the sure signal not picking it up?

Thanks 

Pete 

Hi @PeterCharlwood

If this issue is due to you changing SIM, then the best thing to do would be to remove the number and re-add it to the Sure Signal.

Thanks,

Wayne