Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal broken again

plumes
4: Newbie

After several weeks of configuration "issues" my Sure Signal worked for several weeks.  There were issues including dropped calls and overheating.  Now it seems to be not working again.

The red light is on, the next light flashes and the other two are off.

£100 for something to make the phone I pay a large monthly fee for is bad enough but can the Sure Signal really be so unreliable or have I just been sold a dodgy one?  What's the exchange process?

Is there no phone number I can call or do I have to rely on these forums?

Many thanks

Stephen

22 REPLIES 22

What a shame this is how you treat your customers.  The contracts on phones we have in our house alone are worth several thousand pounds.  I find it remarkable that this is the way you choose to do business, I think a little bit of customer service goes a long way.

I could accept a replacement but not a repair after such a short period of time on something so expensive.  As you will see from the logs it's been used for a matter of minutes due to the issues.

It's clear that I am not going to get satisfaction from these public support forums and that redress is more likely to come from my credit card company or via the small claims court.

Please could you let me have your registered postal address?

Many thanks

Stephen

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi plumes, 

We offer a two year warranty on the device for this exact reason - if it becomes faulty outside the returns period of 7 working days it ensures you get a working device. We cannot provide a refund outside that period though.

You can find the details of our code of practice here.

Dave

Just to be clear £100 on something to make your network work where it used to and after about 30 minutes of use it's faulty.  You repair not replace?

All a bit contemptious to your customers isn't it?  Mind you does that even bother you?!  I guess not?!

So I have three options:

• Repair
  • Credit card redress
  • Small claims redress

Can I have your registered address?

Many thanks

Stephen

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi plumes,

If you’ve had it for less than 7 days then we can arrange an exchange for you, however in your case we would need to arrange a free repair.

You can find our registered address at the bottom of this page.

James

Is two weeks long enough in which to expect a reply??!

Many thanks

Stephen

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Plumes,

I'm not sure what you mean. James replied to your post and pointed you to the registered address you were after, which is displayed across the bottom of this page.

Dave

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Stephen,

The lights you’re seeing show that the Sure Signal is being configured.

This can take up to 6 hours and if the process is interrupted, it’ll start again from scratch.

Once the process has completed the service light will show white as well.

If it’s not, and you’re still having issues, can you provide the information asked for in Matt’s post?

Thanks,

Andrew

Why is it randomly reconfiguring itself?

I spent £100 because the network stopped working.

This is awful service!

Is my device faulty?

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi plumes,

To get you those answers we'll need the details Matt requested from you. We can't see your details without them.

The repair procedure for a Sure Signal is the same as a phone and can be found here.

I'd rather you supplied the details we've asked for though so we can save you a wasted journey if it's something we can troubleshoot from here. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

Hi there

Yes I can certainly get those technical details together, again, when I have the opportunity.  I'm not sure how you can treat a Sure Signal in the same way as a phone when it's "not fit for purpose" and hasn't been since it was first purchased.

Although I find the notion of having to post on a public forum for support very poor customer service it does, at least, provide a record of the issues I, and many others, have suffered from with the Sure Signal.

My house used to have Vodafone coverage.  It stopped having Vodafone coverage.  The solution was for me to spend £100 to get the coverage back again via my internet connection.  I'm not sure you appreciate just how frustrating this is given the monthly contract costs for something which won't otherwise work.

There are various and well documented issues with the Sure Signal including; overheating to the point that many people turn theirs off when not in use and dropping the signal.  I also find it quite remarkable that having being forced to pay £100 for the device the only route for support is via a public forum.

I'll get you the details over as soon as I can and I look forward to your comments on my thoughts above.

Many thanks

Stephen