Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal - can't register 2nd hand box

Pugwash69
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I've made attempts to register a second-hand suresignal v3 device on my account in the few days. The web site page was giving an error, so I used the online chat. The first time, I was told the device had to be de-registered by the previous owner. The seller on ebay told me they thought they had already done this, and they have since phoned VodaFone twice trying to sort this out. I've since asked VodaFone try to register it on my account again and was assured I didn't have to do anything else and it would all be sorted. I contacted them again a couple of days later and was told they would re-sync something with my account and I should turn the device off for 20 minutes and "hard reset" my phones by removing and re-insterting the sim cards. Not sure why, but I did this to no avail. 

The Sure Signal page on my account is working again now, but there's no device listed against it. I tried to register it myself but get this error: "We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 500, 1013 - [2h1]"

I've tried again later several times now. What am I waiting for exactly?

Serial: 40130449842 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Pugwash69 You'll need to get in touch with the original owner of the Vodafone Sure Signal, so they're able to de-register the device through their online My Vodafone account. 

If they're no longer a Vodafone customer, they'll need to contact our Live Chat team.

You won't be able to register the device until the original owner has deregistered it.

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

Rahim, thank you. I think this was the seller's intention all along. I'm crossing my fingers that your team have actually done what they claim this time. In the previous owner's own words to me this morning:

Finally I think I have managed to deregister the sure signal, god it was a drama, I'm so sorry its taken so long, I was away at the weekend, and got back this morning, went mental at Vodafone and I think they have done it finally, please give it a few hours BUT I have been reassured that it has been.

Just so you all know, this is now resolved. Once the previous owner "went mental at Vodafone" they de-registered the suresignal from his account. I was then able to add it to mine. 

I unplugged the suresignal for a few seconds and plugged it back in. Once the first two white lights were on I made my android phone restart. It's now connected and working with a full 3g signal.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Pugwash69 That's great to hear! Thanks for letting us know. :Smiling: 

If there's anything we can help with in the future, please just let us know.