Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal caused new problem? Advice please

Everest
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Here is my previous situation before bought the Sure Signal.

I had iPhone 5s and my area is fully covered by 4G according to Vodafone coverage map. However, I have started to experience disconnecting issues/fake-registration issues since Jaunary this year on ground floor.

Ground floor: 1-2 bars, fake 4G/3G, calls get disconnected or even not registered, keeps getting missed call messages

First floor: reasonable signal, 2-3 bars,

Second floor: good signal, 3-4 bars, 4G speed to 10Mbps

Called vodafone customer services many times to report this ground floor reception issues, they kept saying maintenance work around my area, in the end, they finally advised me to purchase Sure Signal.

So I bought Sure Signal day before yesterday, installed on ground floor, immediately I discover even bigger problem!

I can now have full bars with Sure Signal when my iPhone 5s register itself with it. 

a) but 7 out of 10 times, my 5s is talking to signals outside rather the Sure Signal, I have to keep switch on/off mobile to get it registered with Sure Signal, which is totally inconvenient and not supposed to be like this I'd think.

b) Now I have full bars at downstairs, but when I walk upstairs my signal reduced to 1-2 bars!!! Now I can't make stable calls on 1st and 2nd floors!! 

What a waste! Anyone or Voda Reps could come with a better solution/advice? Much appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt

I am pretty sure those problems has nothing to do with my network conditions, the flash indicators on Sure Signal are perfectly fine. 

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3577073991

http://www.pingtest.net/result/100210279.png

Sure Signal Serial: 42141208936

Trace route results

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms router.asus.com [192.168.0.1]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 14 ms 21 ms 8 ms bmly-core-2b-xe-201-0.network.virginmedia.net [8
0.1.225.153]
4 10 ms 11 ms 9 ms brnt-bb-1a-ae13-0.network.virginmedia.net [213.1
05.159.229]
5 9 ms 13 ms 17 ms brnt-bb-2a-ae2-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.254
.42.97]
6 10 ms 11 ms 14 ms brnt-bb-1c-ae1-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.254
.42.102]
7 11 ms 10 ms 10 ms 195.2.9.149
8 9 ms 11 ms 11 ms ae15-xcr1.lns.cw.net [195.2.30.114]
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Everest,

I can see that the traceroute fails at step 2 which would mean it hasn't connected with us.

Please use a different Ethernet cable and repeat the steps as before.

DaveCD

Hi

Can we focus on the real problem rather than the artifical network stuff? The second hop is because I am running my virgin superhub in modem mode. 

I can see the first two indicators are solid light on, and when I manually switch on/off my iPhone 5s, eventually I can see the third indicator is ON. And I can see full bars on my iPhone 5s, I can make voice calls.

All I am asking is not Sure Signal connection to your server issue! I am asking the signal coverage inside my house! and the switch in/out with my iPhone 5s.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Everest,

A Sure Signal provides a localised area of coverage. Depending on the materials your home is made of, signal can vary between floors. 

Repositioning the Sure Signal in your home may help your experience at home.

If the Sure Signal isn't suitable for your home, we offer a seven ay cooling off period should you need to arrang a return.

Many thanks, Ben

Hi Ben

Any guides about what's the range of Sure Signal boardcast? So I can try a few places first, groud floor or 1st floor? In the middle of the house or edge of it?

Would it require that put Sure Signal facing a particular direction or facing ceiling may get better range?

Hi Everest,

To get the best coverage out of your Sure Signal, try to keep it away from electronic devices.

These can interfere with the signal and cause it to drop. Providing that the Sure Signal is not impeded it should cover your whole house, however the signal can sometimes be degraded if you have particularly thick walls.

Thanks,

Matt B