Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal - changing router

fwb73
1: Seeker

Hi, this is on behalf of my boss, who has sure signal at home. His isp is Orange (EE) and sure signal has been working fine. He has recently received a new router from his isp and Sure Signal no longer connects.

Before i have to visit and check port forwarding, does his IP address need to be registered? With the new router his IP address has changed. Previously with his old router it was just plug and play no port forwarding required.

3 REPLIES 3

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi fwb73, 

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Sukhi

fwb73
1: Seeker

Hi thanks for the reply, i dont mean to be rude but, please can you answer my question? Does the ip address need to be registered with Vodafone.

To get any of the additional information you require will mean i need to travel to my boss's house (some distance) and run these commands etc - before i do this as i asked, please tell me if the IP address needs to be registered?

Apple_Fanboy
13: Advanced Member

Hi fwb73

The IP does not need registering or updating, it should work straight away however the change of router may have triggered an external IP change. Has your boss mentioned if he has recieved an email/sms advising that the VSS has changed location?

What i would recommend is to login to the Vodafone account that the VSS is registered to and change the post code then change it back again.

I would then start to look at the diagnostics recommend above along with checking the firewall/portforwarding

Thanks