Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal compatability

BlazePR
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have the original Sure Signal, which works with my Blackberry Q10.

I want to buy the latest Sure Signal. The spec says that it works with a Z10, but does not mention the Q10. Is this the same Blackberry platform and will the new Sure Signal work with my Q10?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

You will be fine

All versions of suresignal only have two 'connect to the phone' requirements and that is that they are:

a) UK 3G

b) On Vodafone

As there are only a handful of new phones out there (very very basic ones) that only run on 2G and wouldn't work, and some foreign sourced handsets don't use the same frequencies... however your Q10 will be fine.

View solution in original position

18 REPLIES 18

Hi Matt,

This was performed at around 12:00 today.

The status is the same all 4 lights solid.

Yesterday the unit had light one on solid, then lights 2 and 4 alternating berfore it hit the 4 lights solid state.

Where do we go from here?

Mark

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Blanchoid

Can you make sure that all the correct ports are enabled and do a full factory reset of the Sure Signal.

VSS Factory Reset

* Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
* Keeping the rest button held, remove and re-insert the power lead
* Once all the lights come on or flash, release the reset button
* The VSS should come online within the hour

Thanks

Sukhi

Hi Sukhi,

This has been performed (dozens of times now).

It is currently sitting with lights 1 and 2 solid, not others.

Which ports are you talking about, there are no restrictions on our firewall as the previous Suresignal 3 was functioning correctly on the same LAN port, the locations of these were swapped and addresses changed to ensure we can get both working correctly.

The above state I have seen before and eventually ended up with all 4 lights on solid.

Mark

A couple of hours now still have lights 1 and 2 solid not others.

Mark

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matt,

Your Sure Signal last made contact with the network 28 April at 08:33pm.

Are you now seeing lights 1, 2 and 4?

If not and you’re still seeing lights 1 and 2, please check if your Sure Signal’s been assigned an IP address by your router.

Does the version 3 still work in the office and can you test if the version 1 still works at a different location?

Thanks,

Gemma

Hi Gemma,

The IP address been assigned by a DHCP Server on the LAN at the office.

Version 3 works in the office and version 1 still does not work at a different location?

I have done the whole reset thing now for about the 400th time, light 1 on, light 2 flashed for about 5 minutes.

Then 1 stays on and 2 and 4 flash on, then 4, then 2; this seqeunce repeated for a couple of minutes.

Then 1, 2, 3 then 4 flashed in sequence, and now it looks like the above is happening again.

I am extrememly disappointed with Vodaphone after being a loyal customer for a very long time, after being told to take the SS1 to a Vodaphone shop who would replace this, in turn they told me that I should not have been told this and only 191 could do this and I should ask them.

A very long call to support got the unit working for about day, before is stopped again.

It seems that I have been juming through hoops and no-one is willing to help.

All I would like is for this to be working or a replacement unit.

All 4 lights now on, attempting to see if this will actually restart again. FAILED

Mark

One thing, if the SureSignal actually made contact on the 28th why has it not made contact since?

This unit is sitting on the desk and has not moved or been powered off in nearly two weeks except for the odd reset.

If it can contact the network and then suddenly stops surely there is an issue somewhere, I just need a working unit in both locations.

Mark

Final update for the day:

I ping the box's IP whilst it is coming up, I get nothing until just before all four lights come on solid.

I get two responses and then nothing.

Mark

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Blanchoid,

Thanks for the updates.

Please try manually configuring your router to allow port-forwarding as follows:

In most cases, routers support a system called Universal Plug-n-Play (UPnP), which sets up port-forwarding for you automatically. If you’ve got a complicated network setup, or a complex router, you may need to enter these settings manually.

Please see the following for a list of IP addresses and port numbers that need to be forwarded to your Sure Signal's internal IP address. For instructions on how to do this, we recommend you contact your ISP or Router Manufacturer, or refer to the default guide for your particular make and model, over at http://portforward.com.

Destination IP Addresses:
212.183.131.128/26

Ports and Protocols:

8 – TCP/UDP                 (All routers)

50 – TCP/UDP               (All routers)

53 – TCP/UDP               (Virgin Super Hubs)

67 – UDP                      (Virgin Super Hubs)                                                    

68 – UDP                      (Virgin Super Hubs)                                        

123 – UDP                    (All routers)     

500 – UDP                    (All routers)     

1723 – TCP/UDP           (BT Home Hubs)          

4500 – UDP                   (All routers)     

33434 – 33445 – UDP    (Virgin Super Hubs)

Please note that in the above list of IP addresses, the notation "212.183.131.128/26" means the complete range of IP addresses between 212.183.131.128 and 212.183.131.191

Your router also needs to assign the Sure Signal with a DNS (Domain Name Server) address via DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol).

Thanks,

Jenny