Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal coverage

HMiR
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Can anyone tell me over what area the VF SS boosts the 3G signal? Is it 100 sq m, 250 sq m or 500 sq m ?  It would be relevant to know as to where best putting the device. Other 3G boosters offer this info readily.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-PaulE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi HMiR, 

We would normally advise a range of around 30 metres for a Sure Signal, which is broadcast in a "bubble".

It's worth noting as Nabs has said that the type of building will affect the signal, and that the unit doesn't broadcast downwards so a ground floor connection is best :smileywink:

Paul 

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi HMiR,

Good question, one i've ever though and have been using Sure Signal for years!

I've had a hunt around the siet for you and can't find any concrete values, however going from memory when I purchased mine it was suggested to give comparble coverage to a WiFi network.

My SureSignal easily covers both floors of the house (standard 3bed 80s style semi-detached) and out into the back garden, never really tested it much further away than that as the standard network signal out the front it reasonable anyway. I've got mine located downstairs in the back room.

EDIT: Its always worth remembering that the type and style of construction of a property has a huge baring on how well a signal will carry

Nabs

Retired-PaulE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi HMiR, 

We would normally advise a range of around 30 metres for a Sure Signal, which is broadcast in a "bubble".

It's worth noting as Nabs has said that the type of building will affect the signal, and that the unit doesn't broadcast downwards so a ground floor connection is best :smileywink:

Paul 

Thanks PaulE,

That makes sense. Good advice re  the groundfloor positioning.

HMiR

Hi re sure signal coverage, when you say broadcast as a bubble does that mean the bubble transmits 15 m from the sure signal in all directions?

Hi, it was my understanding from PaulE that it was a bubble of 30 m in all directions except down. Try checking with a Vodaphone tech support guy.
HMiR

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Trvrv,

As HMiR says, It's a 30m radius, so 30m in each direction except downwards.

Dave

If I've helped at all today, why not leave me a little feedback?

Trvrv
4: Newbie
Cool thanks my signal does seem to go that far possibly cuz it's stuck behind a LCD tv?