Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal - different light sequence

Reading1800
4: Newbie

Hi I've had this (V3) for about 18 months and it has worked fine.  Yesterday it just stopped. I had the flashing red power and solid orange signal sequence.  So i did the reset button on the bottom of it and now i have solid red and flashing internet light (internet working fine on all other devices, that sequence isnt an option at the top of this forum). I've swapped over to Virgins superhub2 in the last month with no issues just plugged and played fine and I have checked and it is showing as a connected device with an IP address assigned. It just stopped.

As I've typed this it has since changed to flashing red power and just the phone solid orange!  Any ideas whats happening ?

When I did the reset, i held the button for 60 secs and the lights remained on, when i released the button all lights went off and stayed off. It was only when i pressed the button again the power light came on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry thats too complicated, I'll just go to Three who's Homeplug is plug and play on my other phone.  Thanks anyway.

View solution in original position

16 REPLIES 16

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Reading1800,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Gemma

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Reading1800,

If you follow the instructions Gemma gave, we'll be happy to help.

Thanks.

Ian

Reading1800
Will do thanks.

Sorry thats too complicated, I'll just go to Three who's Homeplug is plug and play on my other phone.  Thanks anyway.

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Before ditching it, can you log into the superhub's web console, and find your way to Advanced -> Firewall -> VPN Passthrough

Enable the IPSEC option in there, and save the settings.

A reset on the device should then kick into life (although take a while to settle down as it will be downloading the settings again after the reset)

Reading1800

.Thanks, no didnt work again. de-registered and re-registered as apparently I;.m still tied for 2 months so need to sort...oh well:-

Your speed test results from here. Ping 20ms, Download 29.63mbps, Upload 11.19Mbps

Your ping test results from here. Line quality B; MoS 4.37; Ping 36ms, Jitter 19ms

Your external IP address from here. 86.28.198.185

trace.png

Your Sure Signal serial number:  40124239902

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Not sure if message below will work so have closed that I hope and repasted results here.  Tried the IP passthrough, tried resetting (when I hold reset button lights do not go off even if i hold for a minute they only go off if i release button then no lights come on until i touch button again).

Your speed test results from here. Ping 20ms, Download 29.63mbps, Upload 11.19Mbps

Your ping test results from here. Line quality B; MoS 4.37; Ping 36ms, Jitter 19ms

Your external IP address from here. 86.28.198.185

trace.png

Hi Reading1800,

Your speed test, ping test and traceroute are fine.

Your IP address is on our whitelist, so no problems there either.

The light sequence you were seeing in your first post (flashing power and solid phone light) shows that the Sure Signal has a connection issue with your router.

Check to make sure that there aren’t any loose cable connections.

Also, try is a different Ethernet cable between your router and Sure Signal.

Check to make sure the following ports are open/forwarded on your router:

Port Number

8          TCP      UDP

50         TCP      UDP

53         TCP      UDP

67                     UDP

68                     UDP

123                   UDP

500                   UDP

1723     TCP      UDP

4500                 UDP

33434 - 33445    UDP

If they are, try the Sure Signal in a different location such as a friend or family member’s house.

Thanks,

Andy

To be able to port forward I think i need the ip address for the sure signal but it isnt recognising it.  Ive tried soft reset and hard reset of the device can you advise?