Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal for Mountain Rescue Team member

Snoweider
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I'm a long standing Vodafone contract customer who does not get a signal on my phone at home.  I live in a remote area and understand the reasons for this, and until now have taken a pragmatic approach to the issue.  However, I'm also a member of my local mountain rescue team, and we are shortly changing to the SARCALL text system of callout notices.  This means that it is absolutely essential for mountain rescue purposes that I am able to send and receive texts from my home, where I am on call, 24/7. Vodafone have quoted me £100 for a Sure Signal booster.  Mountain Rescue Teams are charities dependent on donations from members of the public and I am a volunteer. 

My question is- why should I have to pay an additional fee for a service that I should already be receiving as a Vodafone customer? What is the profit that Vodafone make on the sale of these items?

10 REPLIES 10

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

As magicman suggested above, if the charity got in touch with VF with a case for support, things may move a bit better as there are possible incentives for both parties to gain from it.