Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal has reverted to old location

nisbeam
4: Newbie

Hi can you help please - I see a similar post http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/My-Location-Issues/m-p/1232064#M28255  I have updated my postcode a few weeks ago, and my Sure Signal was working fine and all 3 mobiles showing correct location.  True my broadband is sometime borderline but Sure Signal comes back if it has reset.  But now after about 4 week working fine it is showing the old location on all 3 mobiles.  I have reloaded location on one of the phones - no difference.  I have reset the Sure Signal to factory setting more than once.  Each time it comes back and works perfectly except shows my previous location not my new one.  It did work fine for a few weeks !!    SureSignal.jpgPlease see picture for details of serial no. etc.  Thank you.

17 REPLIES 17

Noooooo.....  It's gone back to Marlborough again.  😞  

It looks as though it works initially then changes back.    The address I can see on my account online is correct and my Sure Signal also has my new correct post code.

Is there another database than has my old address and is not getting updated ?

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi nisbeam,

This is a weird one. :smileyfrustrated:

Can you try completely de-registering the Sure Signal for me? Once done, wait 30 minutes and then re-register from scratch. This should clear out any old data on the system.

Dave

Dave - 16:52 deregistered

17:24 Sure SIgnal registered.  Waited an hour or so - then did a factory reset.  now 20:57, phones still showing Marlborough.  😞

It must be picking this up from somewhere as I used to live at SN8 3SE - not this is NOT Marlborough but Marlborough is the nearest 'big' town.

What is interesting is that the Sure Signal worked for about 3 weeks following my move to the new post code !!

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi nisbeam,

This is unusual, especially as the correct postcode is showing on our systems.

Are the three phones in use Android ones?

If they are, try the following:-

-          Go to Settings

-          Find and access Location Services

-          Check if ‘Use GPS Settings’ is ticked as well as ‘Wi-Fi/Mobile network location’

After you’ve done this, switch your phone to airplane mode and back again to see if the correct location shows.

Also, check to see if, in ‘My Places (also in Location settings), you have any saved locations and if so, delete them.

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi Andrew, yes they are all Android, 2 x HTC One and 1 x HTS Sensation.

We have tries this one one and it made no difference.  GPS enabled and turned Airplane mode on then off, it came back to marlborough.  Also tried to reinstall Locations - made no difference.

This may be conincidence but ti seems to have started when I did USB Tethering on my phone (the main one) - could this be causing an alternate location to be sent to the Sure Signal ?

Thanks, Andy.

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the update, the tethering won’t have had an effect on your location information.

I’ve checked with our technical support team who’ve advised there isn’t much more we can do I’m afraid.

Do you see the same issue when you’re out and about and connected to the Vodafone network?

If not, it may be related to the Sure Signal connection point to our network.

Should this be the case, there’s nothing we can do to change this.

Thanks,

Andrew

Your comment about Location & GPS has pointed me in the right direction  On further investigation I believe this is due to Google location services.  There are many instances on the web of others with the same issue, especially when moving home.  Some have recommend switch on GPS locating and that will fix it - not in my case :-(.  Others to change the SSID, but I think that would only be temporary again.  So I will continue to investigate.  I can confirm this is the fault, because I can delete all setting from my phone then download Locations again and it tells me I am in Marlborough.  Andrew, thank you for all your help to date.