Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal/ home wifi conflict?

Marmitemiss
2: Seeker
Hello, this weekend I stayed at my parents and they have recently has sure signal installed (and it is working fine) my husband, children and I all added our iPads and iPhones to my fathers home wifi network and as soon as we did the Sure Signal stopped working. I didn't take note of which lights were flashing and won't be able to now as we are at home but if there is a known conflict and solution to this it would be great to know what it is for our next visit. We aren't on Vodaphone and weren't trying to get a phone or 3G signal, we just wanted to log in and use his wifi.
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
It was probably due to bandwidth restrictions with all of these extra devices using the same broadband connection.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Marmitemiss
The same thing happened whether it was one gadget or all 4. And I don't think 4 things using the wifi is a lot on an unlimited wifi package is it? At home we have 5 Apple items, two consoles, TiVo, laptop, all happily using the same network.
Also, the router and wifi were quite happy with the gadgets being added. Only SureSignal fell over.

jeffkinn
It isn't how much data they are using overall it's how much at any one time. A Sure Signal works by creating a virtual private network between the device and Vodafone. If the broadband connection slows down too much the VPN cannot be sustained.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png