Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal in corporate network

iamrajeev28
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am trying to setup Sure Signal in my corporate network. I have allowed traffic from the IP address as mentioned in the Vodafone Sure Signal Network Setup Guide. I am still not able to get Sure Signal working and the power light stays solid red.

I checked traffic UDP Port 33441, 33442,33443 (cluster8.vap.vodafone.co.uk / cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk) is getting blocked and also from IP 88.82.13.174.

These IP and port information is not metioned in the document.

Can someone help..Is it safe to allow traffic from above IP.

1 REPLY 1

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi iamrajeev28,

I don’t recognise the port numbers you’ve posted, but the IP address has been mentioned on the forum here.

For setting up the Sure Signal, there shoudln't be any issue allowing traffic from that IP address.

The following is a list of IP addresses and port numbers that need to be forwarded to your Sure Signal's internal IP address.

For instructions on how to do this, we recommend you contact your ISP or Router Manufacturer, or refer to the default guide for your particular make and model, over at http://portforward.com.

Destination IP Addresses:
212.183.131.128/26

Ports and Protocols:
Port 50 - TCP/IP
Port 4500 - UDP
Port 500 - UDP
Port 123 - UDP

Port 8 - TCP/IP

Port 1723 (BT customers only) - TCP/UDP

Please note that in the above list of IP addresses, the notation "212.183.131.128/26" means the complete range of IP addresses between 212.183.131.128 and 212.183.131.191

Your router also needs to assign the Sure Signal with a DNS (Domain Name Server) address via DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol).

BT Infinity Customers.

If you’re a BT Infinity customer, you’ll need to log into your router admin page and select port clamping.

Once this has been selected please restart your router and Sure Signal.

Check your MTU settings.

Log into your router admin page and find the location of the MTU field. This varies depending on the make and model so you’ll need to look for it.

Change the value of the MTU size to 1500.

Log out of the router, this will usually result in a reboot.

Perform a reset of the Sure Signal:

-Hold in the reset button until all lights go solid

-Pull the power lead out with the reset button still pushed in

-Continue to hold down the reset button and reconnect the power lead

-Wait for all lights to come on and then release the reset button

The Sure Signal will now try to contact the network and download its profile. This can take up to 6 hours.

If this doesn’t work, we’ll need some additional information from you. Can you provide the following please:-

Your speed test results from here.
Your ping test results from here.
Your external IP address from here.
The results of a traceroute.

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run
Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
A black box will appear.
In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
Paste the output of this command into your reply.

Cheers,

Andrew