Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal intermittantly connecting to Iphone 5

crowster80
4: Newbie

Hi,

I have a Sure signal 3 and two iphones in the house.  Iphone 4 works fine all the time.  My iphone 5 sometimes connects and sometimes will not.  If i turn the sure signal on and off it connects. It is getting a little frustrating as if i get a call and it has not connected the signal is that poor it drops straight away.  After paying £100 for this piece of kit i am a little perplexed as to why it is not 100 % or somewhere near 100 % connection improved.  I am the main account holder and I am using a BT home hub 4 with infinity 2 running at 80mbs at router.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi crowster80

Everything looks fine, the traceroute hits the servers, the speeds are good and the ping is as expected.

Those are the first things we check as often these are the root cause.

I have checked your serial number and can see all was well, apart from one hiccup, and although this has been resolved I have resynced your Sure Signal to correct any faults.

Please can you let me know if you're still experiencing the same issue.

DaveCD

View solution in original position

33 REPLIES 33

Hi crowster80,

I’ve flagged this with the support team but it does seem like it’s an issue with how the Sure Signal and main network interact.

As there Sure Signal doesn’t support Macro (normal network) to Femto (Sure Signal) handover, the phone won’t always pick up the Sure Signal if there is an active connection.

The phone is also programmed to search and connect to the best signal which can sometimes be 4G over 3G as this gives the quickest speed.

At the moment the only thing we can suggest is to switch 4G off when you’re at home.

James

crowster80
4: Newbie
Thx for this obviously it's a massive pain to do this so any solution that's auto would be great

I'm having the same issue with galaxy s5....Won't connect automatically on returning home....Drops the signal intermittently whilst at home....tried plane mode,connecting to 02 then back again....I have been on to the "so called tech team"who just keep saying they re registered the number...reset the box...5th day of calling...I have opened port numbers on my router etc.....After 3+months of no connection dropping calls!I have subscribed to 3 at a cost of £23.99 pm...Lost faith in Vodafone....I want to cancel my contracts,but they say I will be charged??......I think I have statutory rights if a service is not fit for purpose and and they are not adhering to their contractoral agreement...any help please

Hi buzzfm,

Your contract states we only have to end the agreement for free if there's a nationwide outage of seven or more continuous days.

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply below including the following information:

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Matt B