Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal intermittantly connecting to Iphone 5

crowster80
4: Newbie

Hi,

I have a Sure signal 3 and two iphones in the house.  Iphone 4 works fine all the time.  My iphone 5 sometimes connects and sometimes will not.  If i turn the sure signal on and off it connects. It is getting a little frustrating as if i get a call and it has not connected the signal is that poor it drops straight away.  After paying £100 for this piece of kit i am a little perplexed as to why it is not 100 % or somewhere near 100 % connection improved.  I am the main account holder and I am using a BT home hub 4 with infinity 2 running at 80mbs at router.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi crowster80

Everything looks fine, the traceroute hits the servers, the speeds are good and the ping is as expected.

Those are the first things we check as often these are the root cause.

I have checked your serial number and can see all was well, apart from one hiccup, and although this has been resolved I have resynced your Sure Signal to correct any faults.

Please can you let me know if you're still experiencing the same issue.

DaveCD

View solution in original position

33 REPLIES 33

Hi crowster80, 

That would point more to a phone issue. 

Let us know if this keeps happening so that we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kay

crowster80
Same again today have not been out the house ... Same resolution

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi crowster80

Please can you confirm what light sequence you are seeing?

DaveCD

crowster80
All lights look how they should all steady on and when my wife Is in the home or when my phone is locked on phone at the end comes on when on the phone and occasionally at other times

Hi crowster80,

The light sequence is fine; the last light will only show if there’s an active call or data connection.

If you’re still getting the intermittent issue, the next thing to try would be to deregister the number.

If possible, leave it 24 hours before re-registering it.

If you can’t leave it that long, it’ll need to be deregistered for at least an hour.

If the number itself is down as the owner, switch this to the other number that’s using the Sure Signal.

When you’ve re-registered the number, reset the Sure Signal itself:-

• Find the button on the base of the unit next to the Ethernet ports
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around one hour

Let me know how you go on.

Cheers,

Andy

crowster80
Hi, changed sure signal from myself to my wife and deleted everyone.. Waited 12 hours and reset sure signal... The wife has a nice 5 bars on her phone and I have ... The usual intermittent service... Well actually it's worse does not seem to connect at all. I have powered phone off changed carrier it's just won't connect..

crowster80
Further to recent post... It looks like new behavior ... Locked on as a walked through the door but 1 minute later only one bar on the phone.. Wife's phone still 5 bats and sure signal lights look fine

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi crowster80

I can see that a number was registered just before posting, are the same behaviours still ongoing?

If they are, then we may need to look at the phone itself.

To find out what you need to do in order to get this sorted take a look at our Vodafone Repairs Thread. This can be found here.

DaveCD

crowster80
I will check when I get home but behavior was the same and very very frustrating

crowster80
Went into vodafone who told me they would sent it for repair without a loan phone... 7 to 10 days without a phone !!! I decided to go and see apple instead, they told me the first thing they do is a complete restore. I took the phone home and did this myself.. Pleased to say this resolved the problem and not one person at vodafone has suggested this... Please make sure that you include this in the future vodafone ! After paying 100 pound to improve my service to your network I had to waste many hours trying to fix this problem !