Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal is a nightmare

jdjdjd
4: Newbie

I have the latest SS3 and it now rates as the worst piece of technology in my house.  It works when it want to then completely gives up trying for days on end.  I have done numerous resets, reboots, unplugs, cable in, cable out etc etc etc etc and it still sits there as a useless doorstop.

When it works it's great but I cannot pay £100 for something that is this unreliable.  I am also spending hours of my time tring to figure this thing out to make it work.

For the last three days it has had a solid red light but a slow flashing connection light.  It just doesn't work.

Can I have my money back please?

23 REPLIES 23

Ok, it's working again.  But why did it go wrong in the first place?  It's like fixing an unreliable car, you know it's going to let you down again in the near future.

Thanks for the help, no doubt I'll be back...........

Well, here I am again.  It's not working (again).  I want my money back please.

The Sure Signal (isn't that name kinda misleading) shows correct lights but we cannot get 3G on any of our Vodafones.  

It worked for about ten minutes yesterday but during a call it lost the 3G signal and my call was abruptly cut off.  I should be charging you £40 an hour for my time to keep posting here and trying all the 'fixes' you dream up.

So, what do I do now?????????????????????

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jdjdjd,

We’ll need to find out why the Sure Signal has intermittent connection issues.

I can see it connected to our servers at 11:06 yesterday, are you still seeing the same lights as in your first post?

To find out whether the Sure Signal is faulty, can you try it on a different internet connection, that of a family member or neighbour?

If it works in the other location, it’d mean there’s something in your current set up that’s preventing it keeping a stable connection to our servers.

If it show the same lights as you’re currently seeing, it suggests the Sure Signal is faulty and would need sending for repair.

Cheers,

Andrew

Lights showing are constant steady red, internet light is on and the service light is on.  This tells me it should be working but there is no 3G signal here.  I have been to work today and my phone picked up 3G there so it is not my phone.

I cannot try the Sure Signal in anybody else's internet connection, that is just not practical and I cannot believe you expect your customers to have to do such a thing.

Where do we go from here?

Excuse me Vodafone, it's now 4 days since I posted and you've not bothered to reply.  Can you tell me what I should do now as I'm not getting any support from you.

I wish I'd never got involved with this Sure Signal rubbish.  What a con.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jdjdjd,

I’m sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I’m really not sure what happened there.

Your Sure Signal hasn’t connected since 11 September so I‘ve done another re-sync for you today. Please perform a factory reset again to complete this.

If you’re still having problems, please get back to us with your external IP address and also let us know who your internet service provider is.

The reason we ask you to test on another connection is so we can see if the fault lies with the broadband connection rather than the Sure Signal itself.

Thanks,

Jenny

So I did another reset last night and now it's working again.  For how long we'll have to see.

Thanks for your help so far but I am not impressed with the amount of time I'm spending trying to get this thing working.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jdjdjd,

I'm glad to hear it's all working now. I'm sorry about the delay in replying before. We usually respond to eForum posts within 24 hours so I think your post that Jenny responded to slipped through the net.

If you need a more urgent response in future, you may find Live help more beneficial. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

Guess what......  It's stopped working again, then started up again a while later.......

What is this thing?  It's so unreliable.  If it needs an internet with a faster upload speed than I have then this should have been made very clear prior to selling it to me.

What do I do now?  This cannot go on with it working one minute and not the next.

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jdjdjd,

The intermittent issue when the Sure Signal stops working still needs to be looked into.

I’d suggest contacting your Internet Service Provider (ISP). They may be doing some maintenance in the background which is/has been affecting your connection.

This is why I suggested trying the unit on a different internet connection, it’d help to identify where the fault may lie.

I can see that your Sure Signal connected to our servers last night at 19:31, is it now working correctly for you?

Hi sjbenton,

We’ll need a little more information from you to be able to help.

Can you provide the following please:-

Your Sure Signal serial number.

Your speed test results from here.
Your ping test results from here.
Your external IP address from here.
The results of a traceroute.

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run
Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
A black box will appear.
In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
Paste the output of this command into your reply.

Can you also let me know what lights you’re seeing?

Hi andyv12,

Dave has already mentioned in his post to you above that we can’t guarantee 3G signal indoors.

You can check both your current and future coverage here.

Hi JanetCooper,

I can see that we’ve been responding to you on your other thread here.

To keep all the information in one place, can you post any updates on that thread please?

Cheers,

Andrew