Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal keeps getting suspended

Blat56
4: Newbie

Living in a rural location where broadband and landline service is very unreliable & slow and my only real communication with the outside world is via my mobile phone but that has it’s own connection problems.

I laid my trust in Vodafone and was assured that a £100 fo a sure signal would cure my problems…. Regretfully it didn’t  and I gave up on it.

Recently my router was replaced and after a long spell in hospital and also having recent beak ins, living alone and needing to be able to make clear calls I decided to try the sure signal again but could not get it to work.

On Thursday 27th at 16.10 I got a text and email informing me that my sure signal was suspended.

I then phoned Vodafone and spoke to a very helpful guy who said that it would be reconnected.

Just after midnight Friday 28th 00.36  I got another text stating my sure signal was suspended.

I again phoned Vodafone and spoke to a very helpful female who apologised and said this would not happen again.

But after midnight Saturday 29th 00.37 I got my third text again stating my sure signal was suspended.

Saturday 30th  I have again phoned Vodafone and spoken to another very helpful lady who told me that the system had, had trouble recognising my sure signal unit and that it would be reset and that this would not happen again…. Well guess what? ….. Sunday 30th 00.23 I got yet another text from Vodafone stating my sure signal has been suspended!!

I have come on here to see if anyone can make some sense of this and help me. My serial number is: 40123658904

9 REPLIES 9

Blat56

Sunday 30th Update….

I again phoned Vodafone, the girl I spoke  said that she could not hear me as my phone was breaking up…. Hence my very reason for wanting a working sure signal.

She said she would call me back on landline…. I never head from her again.

I then phoned Vodafone yet again to be told that my sure signal was no longer recognised by the system and needed to be replaced and that not to have used it for a while I should have de-registered it.

Nowhere on the original instructions that came with it mentioned de-registering if not being used for a while.

However after leaving me on hold for a while the lady then came back and told me that there appears to be a problem with my unit and they will try another reset and will phone me tomorrow.

Monday 1st…

Just after midnight I again got the suspended notification but as promised the lady phoned me back this morning. I have now been told that this unit needs replacing.

I can’t fault the staff from Vodafone all were very polite and helpful, despite this hiccup I am other wise very pleased with my overall Vodafone experience especially when I hear about other network problems experienced by friends and relatives.

Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Blat56

Thank you for providing us the information.

Having looked into your Sure Signal’s most recent activity, there’s been nothing prior for over a year.

Once a Sure Signal’s had no activity for longer than a year, it’s very difficult to reconnect again.

Can you advise where the Sure Signal was purchased from?

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for that explanation,  I am now that I should have de-registered it but feel that was not made clear enough when actually regisitering it. I had to travel to get it as no one locally had it in stock at the time, I purchased it from a Vodafone shop in Crawley, W.sussex.

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Blat56

As the Vodafone Sure Signal is showing as inactive, please return this back to your local Vodafone store.

Cheers,

Laura

Blat56
Hi Laura,

Your reply is rather unclear.... will my local store be aware of my problem and be able to solve it?

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Blat56

I’m not sure from reading the above, exactly what’s happened.

If you’ve had the Sure Signal for a long time, it worked ok previously and then it’s not been used for over a year, then it’ll have been disconnected.

We’re unable to reconnect these again so if this is the case, there’s nothing further we can do.

If you’ve had the Sure Signal for a while and it’s just stopped working (if it’s been less than a year) then you can take this to your local store to arrange a repair.

Thanks,

Jenny

No worries, I have solved the problem.... I have left Vodafone and now have a supplier where I get a full signal and can make good clear calls without having to keep saying pardon or call them back when signal drops out!!

I thought Vodafone being a long established company would have had better signal coverage and better customer service as is not the case as I have found to my cost and dismay!!

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Blat56

I’m sorry to hear you’ve left us now.

You can check for any changes planned in your area, on our UK coverage checker. This is updated frequently and shows anything due it the next three months

Thanks,

Jenny

I had been with Vodafone for 5 years and the signal never improved during that time... I think that was a more than fair trial! I was encouraged to waste £100 on a sure signal which was great if you like hearing people sound like they are in a goldfish bowl. With my new provider I get a good signal without any hassle of a unit which runs of the back of my broadband and am left very disappointed with my Vodafone experience.