cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal location move txts at 6.30 in the morning!

pody
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

After the complete farse of getting my Sure Signal device replaced over 1 week ago (took over 2 weeks - every time I called the op stated a completely different process)  I am getting txts/emails stating my location has changed.

The first txt was recieved at 6.30am on 29th, two days after the new sure signal was in place. All information on tmy accont is correct inc postcode.   At this point I made sure remove the sure signal and re-add it, this hopefully to make sure the information stored was correct and it was not looking at some old information - to force an update.

Roll on another week, this morning at 6.45am another txt to state the location had changed,  a quick stroll down the stairs - nope its still there!

Vodafone, as I've said before I require the sure signal due to the poor signal in my area (which does not match the signal on the signal map - who created this?)   I lost on-call payments for my job as i couldn't be on call for the two weeks it was on repair.   Now that I am on call (net monitor sends out txts for any Sev1 failures - phone set to loud long txt to wake me up) I am getting txts at 6.30am waking me up!

Please solve this issue,

7 REPLIES 7

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pody,

There can be a number of reasons for this including the internet provider updating the IP range your connection is using.

If you log into the Sure Signal dashboard and change the postcode to ST1 5GP, leave it for 5 minutes and then change it back, it should stop the messages from being sent.

James

James,  I find this strange that this happened at nearly the same time on the same day a week apart. 

As stated, when this happened this week I took this measure by deleting the sure signal from my account then adding it back in as a new sure signal.  Do I have to now do this every Thursday morning when I get a txt at 6.30am?

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pody,

It could be just a coincidence.

Let me know if it does the same next week.

Cheers,

LeeH

Sorry James bit of sarcasm there,  Im NOT wanting to get anymore 6.30AM txts so Im NOT waiting for it to happen again.

The other option that I hope there is but no one has mentioned,  can you turn off txt alerts?  If so PLEASE TURN IT OFF, emails will suffice.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pody,

I don't believe the alerts can be amended. If I can take your Sure Signal serial number, I'll be happy to check though?

Also, who is your ISP? Do you have any other updates going through from your ISP or router that occur around 6:30am on a Thursday? 

Cheers, Ben

Hi Ben,

My SS serial is 40114508209,  it list the date of registration as 01/09/2011?

ISP is SKY fibre, have been with sky for over 2 years, on fibre for over 2 months (no issues before SS failed and was replaced).

No other updates going through router at that time.

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pody,  

I checked your serial number and it’s showing a location move has been detected.

As we’ve mentioned, this can be caused by changes made by your ISP, including sending your router firmware updates.

I’ve changed your postcode to a different one and back to your original to remove the message.

To make sure your unit is as up to date as possible, I’ve just resynced it.

So that the resync completes, can you perform a factory reset:-

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights display, release the reset button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in about an hour

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks

Andrew