Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal lock up

Badger-Man
4: Newbie
My Sure Signal V3 ( Seeial Number 42141230088) has been locked up for 2 weeks now with 3 lights on solid but no traffic. No hardware, software or firmware changes have taken place at my end so it just requires a Vodafone reset please.

This has happened before and a reset at your end rectified it.

Many Thanks.
14 REPLIES 14

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Badger-ManWe've reset your Sure Signal box. Please allow 6 hours before restarting the phones connected to the box.

Badger-Man
Hi Sukhi,

Phones reset tonight, along with the router and Sure Signal unit itself. Still no service at home I'm afraid :Sad_face:

@Badger-Man

The Sure Signal is showing it last had contact with our system yesterday, 22 August at 20:41.

Please could you try resetting the Sure Signal from your side?

You can do this by following the below steps;

1. Connect device to internet and power supply
  2. Press and hold down reset button – located near the internet port
  3. Wait for 20 seconds
  4. Release the reset button
  5. All the LEDs will temporarily switch off for about 10 seconds. The power LED will then light up and remain constant whilst white internet LED flashes continuously.

If you’re still having problems after doing this, try changing the administrator to another number, remove your number and wait a few hours and then re-add it. You can then transfer them back into your name.

Badger-Man
Hi Eric,

As my post above yours stated, I'd already done that!

But did it again, the Sure Signal has returned back to its state of red light on, second and third light on solid, no traffic light on, no 3G signal on any of my devices. As its affecting all devices on the circuit, removing one of them won't prove anything.

I need to have a mobile signal at home, it's affecting my business.

Badger-Man
Also the unit seems to be running very warm - haven't noticed it doing that before....

Badger-Man
unplugged the unit all night to let it cool down. Plugged it back in this morning and it's gone back to the same state of first three lights on solid, no traffic light, no signal for any of my phones.

Help!!

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Badger-Man Can you please let us know if the Sure Signal is still running very warm? 

Badger-Man
It seems to be Rahim, mainly around the light area, but I couldn't say for sure if it's more than usual. But would expect it to be cooler normally, unless it's having to work harder trying to connect?

@Badger-Man - I've sent you a personal message so we can help further.