Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal not transmitting a 3G signal

Petervdb
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi 

I need some help with my Sure Signal.  It is about a month since we got it and it has been working well up to last night.  Last night I noticed none of our phones had signal.  I forced them onto 3G and still nothing, even though that usually worked in the past.  

I reset the phones.  Not working.

I reset the Sure signal.  No change.  In fact I have no confidence that the reset actually did anything.  The instructions elsewhere on this forum state press reset for 5 seconds and then a reset will occur and could take from 20 mins to 6 hours.  Each time it is less than 5 mins - looks more like an off/on activity rather than a reset.  Anyway - still no joy.

I work for home and the coverage at home is really bad to useless, so I cannot phone 191 to have it resolved.  

What else can I do?

regards

Peter

31 REPLIES 31

Hi I just got home from work, and it appears to be working again.  That is good.  What would be better would be to understand why it spent so long out of service, so that we know what to do next time.

thanks for your help

regards

Peter

Hi

Sorry but its stopped working again.  No 3G signal and none of the phones work.

This cant be right surely?

Can someone please help?

regards

Peter

still not working here either!

@bruceread @Petervdb We’ve sent a software update and a factory reset to both your Sure Signals, which will happen automatically.

Please leave them for 6-8 hours until this has updated.

After this, you’ll need to hard reset all phones that are connected to the Sure Signals.   

that seems to have fixed it - thanks

ok that seems to be working now.  thanks.

Hopefully there will be no more outages.

regards

Peter

Oh no,  well here we go again.

Sure Signal lights look right,  I have full signal on all my connected phones but nobody can make a call.  Inbound calls to those mobiles goes to voicemail instantly.

Please can someone look at this?

UPDATE 10:05.  Outbound calls seem to work suddenly,  but all inbound calls go straight to voicemail.

UPDATE 11:15.  outbound calls not working again.

This is immensely frustrating as I work from home this is critical to my job.

regards

Peter

Hi

Just checked again and still no outbound calls and all inbound go directly to voicemail.  I have full signal on the phone,  the correct lights on the suresignal but no service.

I have restarted the phone several times yesterday and this morning but no changes.

Please advise.

regards

Peter

Same.

Over and over again.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Petervdb We can see your Sure Signal hasn't updated in a few days and may have lost connection. 

We've resynced your Sure Signal to fix the issue. Please allow up to 24 hours for it to gain a connection and to star working again.