Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal not working - Plusnet & Thomson TG585 router

julianrangeley
3: Seeker

I am having problems with SS configuration. On My Vodafone page there is no button to set up the SS so I contacted Vodafone Technical who took the details and registered the SS on the system. I was advised to leave the SS on for 24 hours and then check for correct operation. I allowed 30 hours for good measure, but still the unit does not operate. Most of the time the 2 lights flash with periods of inactivity - just red power light. I contacted Vodafone technical again and they confirmed the SS is registered to me and my mobile, but I would need to open ports 8, 50, 123, 500 & 4500. I've opened these ports on the Thomson TG 585 ( I think) but still no joy. Any advice on what to do next would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

julianrangeley

I re-checked the router configuration last night and found I had not assigned the open ports to the Sure Signal. It appeared that port setting default to the local PC, so I removed this association ad reset to the Sure Signal. No change last night, but I was delighted to see a solid Sytem light this morning and on powering my mobile a welcome text was received. Hopefully this might be useful to anyone with a similar setup to me. BTW the SS  is a version 2 device. 

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

julianrangeley

I re-checked the router configuration last night and found I had not assigned the open ports to the Sure Signal. It appeared that port setting default to the local PC, so I removed this association ad reset to the Sure Signal. No change last night, but I was delighted to see a solid Sytem light this morning and on powering my mobile a welcome text was received. Hopefully this might be useful to anyone with a similar setup to me. BTW the SS  is a version 2 device.