Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal not working after power cut

Rohan777
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

We had a power cut in the middle of last week and since then cannot get the Sure Signal to work, despite re-setting several times. The internet connection for the computers is fine.

The power light is on, the internet light is sometimes flashing, sometimes on and the status light flashes from time to time.

- Router Make & Model: DrayTek Vigor 2710n

- Sure Signal Serial Number: 21196761452

Please can you help?

Thanks

Rohan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We have the problem sorted. After talking to Lee on the phone he decided the power cut must have damaged the VSS unit and the neat new model version arrived today. Installation was simple, complete within an hour and a half. Thanks Lee!.

View solution in original position

20 REPLIES 20

railwayman3
4: Newbie

FWIW, I've had one or two power cuts since having the SS,   In each case, I have switched everything off (router and SS), left it for an hour or two, then swtiched on the router, let that connect, and finally switched on the SS and gone away for a few hours or overnight!  In all cases, it has been fine.

I'm no expert, but my impression, from reading the forum, is that a lot of issues can be caused by users (understandably!) getting impatient, and trying to reset when it is not necessary?     Perhaps VF can comment on this when they reply to your query?

Hi Rohan777,

The key point in what railwayman3 has mentioned is restarting the router and Sure Signal together. Sometimes the issue blocking the fresh connection can be down to the fact the router was unable to drop the connection normally. To try this, switch both off, then allow the router to restart fully before restarting the Sure Signal.

I can see the box connected early today, so can you confirm if it is now working or if the above step resolved the issue? If not we'll be happy to take a closer look for you.

Dave

The problem hasn't resolved as yet. I think there may be some brief reconnections that last only a few seconds (according to the lights anyway). I am about to close everything down and do as you suggest overnight, so hopefully will be able to report progress in the morning!

Thanks

Rohan

Unfortunately the problem has not resolved. I turned everything off, left it for an hour, then turned the router on, waited an hour then plugged the VSS in and left it overnight. The same sequence of lights as outlined in my original post is now flashing intermittently. Any more suggestions please?

I repeated the above steps for a second time last night and still have no proper connection. Please could you investigate this further.

Hi Rohan777,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Form what you have said it does sound like the power cut has caused a fault with the Sure Signal.

However so we can speak with you directly regarding this issue I have sent you a quick PM with details of how to get in touch with our team directly regarding your Sure Signal.

Once you have done this one of our team will be able to look at this further for you.

In the meantime I have also re-synced the Sure Signal, if this resolves the issue please disregard the PM that I have sent.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

We have the problem sorted. After talking to Lee on the phone he decided the power cut must have damaged the VSS unit and the neat new model version arrived today. Installation was simple, complete within an hour and a half. Thanks Lee!.

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Rohan777,

Fantastic news! I'm really pleased this has worked for you.

I'd appreciate it if you could take a minute out of your day to complete the eForum Survey :Winking_smiley:

Cheers,

Lee

The exact same thing has happend to me. Since having a power cut 3 weeks ago my SS no longer works, I have tried turning off on etc left turned off for days... and still nothing. Im a bit annoyed as the SS was one of the MAIN reasons for leaving Orange after 16 years of being with them!

My SS number is 40114609429

I have a sky netgear router

All help welcome!