Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal not working any more...

stuartmitch
4: Newbie

Hi there,

I've been away for the last 3 weeks and I can't revive my SS V1 on my return.  Lights 1 and 2 lit... but handsets can't connect.  Nothing changed from since I went away and everything else working.

HELP PLEASE!  :Smiling:

Thanks

Speedtest results: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5579829826

• PING             24 ms
  • DOWNLOAD  20.46Mb/s
  • UPLOAD       13.21Mb/s

External IP Address is 82.69.8.229
External IPV6 Address is ::ffff:5245:8e5

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 3 ms 6 ms 5 ms 192.168.12.1
2 23 ms 25 ms 30 ms losubs.subs.dsl2.th-lon.zen.net.uk [62.3.84.21]
3 22 ms 23 ms 30 ms ae1-115.cr2.th-lon.zen.net.uk [62.3.84.189]
4 26 ms 25 ms 30 ms xe-8-2-2.lon10.ip4.gtt.net [77.67.66.225]
5 30 ms 24 ms 55 ms xe-2-1-2.lon11.ip4.gtt.net [89.149.183.181]
6 77 ms 55 ms 38 ms ae9-xcr1.lns.cw.net [195.2.22.217]
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @stuartmitch

It maybe worth trying a different power supply with the SureSignal (Version 1 & 2 ), as there have been some reports of replacement power supplies solving the issues. Even if lights / power are showing. They are available on eBay for around £10.

From member cineriv "But firstly, have a look around for a suitable unit with a 12 Volt output @ around 1.5Amp capacity that you could 'borrow' to prove the fault. Suitable units can be found on external hard drives, monitors, printers, routers etc.etc."

Sure-Signal FAQs.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for that.. would like VF to pop-up and tell me what they see from the network side really.  Goodness knows they enjoy my 4 figure monthly bill...

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@stuartmitch Please can you confirm your serial number for your Sure Signal?

Hi Rahim,

Apologies - just seen your message.  I had a Live Chat with an advisor who said they had done a reset for me... but no progress.  I will get the serial number for you later today (I am away from home at the moment).

As an aside... I have now tried FOUR Vodafone stores to see if I can pick up a replacement.  I would like to have 2 SureSignals at home if possible... does this work?

Thanks.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@stuartmitch That's absolutely fine! Just provide us with the serial number when you're able to, and we'll investigate further from our end. 

You'll be able to use two Sure Signal devices in your house to cover a wider area. You can purchase a new Sure Signal online

Thanks Rahim.

Serial number is 253112320.  Live Chat said the other day they had registered it and "it would surely work" but no change.

"You can purchase a new Sure Signal online."... yeah, you would think (hope?) only there is almost ZERO stock anywhere :smileymad: 

• Milton Keynes (x2)
  • Leighton Buzzard
  • Bicester
  • City of London (x4)

...delivery times from all of these are *1-2 weeks* and I can't even get your webstore to reliably let me purchase.  Aaargh...

@stuartmitch

The serial number you've provided is showing as invalid on our systems. Is it possible for you to check it again please?

Hi @EricChester

Sorry for the late reply... "Email me when someone replies" feature on the forum isn't working either.  :smileyvery-happy:

Double checking the serial number it is:  21197219021.  I clearly pulled the wrong number from the back of the unit (apologies!)..

My employer's comms provider has also sent me 2 new SureSignal V3s so I can get good coverage at home... neither of those appear to be working yet either.  (pulsing internet light only)

Can you check on their status too please?  I wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't been set-up properly - I don't have access to a profile on my number since it's on a corporate account.

S/N     42163177019

S/N     42163173497

Thanks!

@stuartmitch

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've performed a re-sync on the first Sure Signal from out side.

Please complete this by doing a factory reset:

1. Connect device to internet and power supply
  2. Press and hold down reset button – located near the internet port
  3. Wait for 20 seconds
  4. Release the reset button
  5. All the LEDs will temporarily switch off for about 10 seconds. The power LED will then light up and remain constant whilst white internet LED flashes continuously.

If this doesn't work, please try connecting your Sure Signal in another location, such as a friend or family member's house. You’ll need to leave it connected for at least 24 hours.

In regards to the other 2 Sure Signals, I've checked them on our system and no numbers have been registered against them. As they're linked to a corporate account, you'll need to get the main contact from the account to register this for you. You can usually find the main contact within your I.T or procurement team.

All they'll need to do is call the companies dedicated customer services team with the following information;

- Serial Number

- Mobile Numbers to be registered to each Sure Signal

- Floor level the Sure Signal will be situated on (Ground, 1st or 2nd floor etc)

- Post code of the location the Sure Signal will be used in

If you have any trouble with this, just let us know.