Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal not working for over a month

CJK_89
2: Seeker

My Sure Signal has not now been wroking for over a month.

I have run through all trouble shooting offered on the Vodafone web site and run through the "Standard" Scripted requests from the "Tech" Team.

Can one of the tech team run a check for serial number 40132128154 to ensure they can see the box from Vodafones side?

Tracert results attached

14 REPLIES 14

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @CJK_89 

Your traceroute looks fine, though we need your IP address.

The Sure Signal has been deregistered and re-registered recently, though it hasn't connected to our servers since November.

Try another Ethernet cable, making sure that the Sure Signal is plugged directly into your router.

Also ensure that the following ports are opened for forwarding:

• 8 (TCP & UDP)
  • 50 (TCP & UDP)
  • 53  (TCP & UDP)
  • 67 (UDP)
  • 68 (UDP) 
  • 123 (UDP)
  • 500 (UDP)
  • 1723 (TCP & UDP)
  • 4500 (UDP)
  • 33434 - 33445 (UDP)

Thanks,

Ian

Its IP is - 192.168.1.78.

I de registered and re registered the box.

The ethernet cable has been swapped out, negative result.

I have checked my hub and it registers the box as connected. Hub is not blocking access to ports.

Any other ideas? :Smiling:

CJK_89

Any help?

Hi @CJK_89,

We need your external IP adderess rather than your internal one.

You can get your external IP address from here.

Thanks, 

Matt B

CJK_89

Schoolboy error!

External ip - 86.158.230.176

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@CJK_89 

I've checked and everything appears fine although the software is an older version.

We're unable to push the new software to your Sure Signal as it's been over a month since it connected.

Please ensure that the ports are open as above.

Please confirm what lights you're seeing the Sure Signal.

The next step would be to try the Sure Signal at another location such as a  friend or family members.

DaveCD

CJK_89

The lights are a steady red power light with a slow pulsing internet connection white light.

There is a connected green/yellow led next to the ehternet port when connected showing it is connected to the router.

Portts are open.

It worked for over a year up until November and there has been no changes to my network at that time.

Could the Suresignal be faulty?

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @CJK_89

That light sequence shows the Sure Signal is being configured. This is usually what shows when the Sure Signal is turned on for the first time or is receiving a software update.

Have you had a power cut around the time the Sure Signal went down or any router firmware updates?

Thanks,

Simon

Hi Simon

There has been no power cut to my knowledge.

I have tried the reset but this does not fix the issue. Is there any other factory reset that can be done or is it now a brick? If so what are my options?