Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal not working - no lights

cognetic
4: Newbie

Since spring 2015 when we upgraded our broadband to fibre, we've not had a working suresignal. The unit has actually been replaced and a new one installed, with the same results. It attempts to connect and then it stops working altogether with no lights on.

I rest the router to see if there was a problem with that. Lo and behold after a few hours it started working again and I had full coverage for a day. After that, it stopped again and the first white light was pulsing as if it was trying to update itself. After sometime, all the lights went out.

If I press the reset button, the power light comes back on and it tries to reconnect before stopping again after some time (all lights out).

Flattening the router made it work. Nothing at all was changed in the meantime.

How can it just stop working again????

Tracert and suresignal details below.

Paul

What light sequence you're seeing:           No lights

Your external IP address from here: 80.85.217.168

Your Sure Signal serial number: 42151641547

The results of a traceroute.

traceroute.jpg

21 REPLIES 21

@cognetic - The next step would be to try the Sure Signal on another connection, preferably one with a different ISP. You'll need to leave this connected for a few days, to see if this works intermittently again.

This will help determine if the issue is with the Sure Signal, or your current ISP.

That really isn't a practical answer.

a) We have a business class service provider 

b) We're not going to change our very good ISP in order to get the Sure Signal to work. I'd rather go down the route of changing our mobile phone provider

Why don't you just say that the Sure Signal is not fit for purpose?

No need to reply unless it's something more constructive. My next action is to write to Vodafone HQ and make a formal complaint about this product.