Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal not working - no lights

SarahEP
2: Seeker

Hi  - Sure Signal suddenly stopped working.  No lights at all.

Checked power still flowing through plug.  

No connectivity lights on ethernet either.  Have tried new ethernet cable in case this had failed. No result. 

Have rebooted router. 

Speedtest on broadband showing 308ms PING

Download 3.92

Upload 0.35

Traceroute command giving error message "not recognised as an internal or external command, operatable program or batch file"

Help! In rural area and dependent on Sure Signal for mobile reception. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cineriv
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi Sarah,

If your SS is under 2 years old it should still be under warranty and will have to be returned to Vodafone for repair.

If it's more than 2 years old. it can still be repaired by Vodafone but at a cost.

Regards.

View solution in original position

15 REPLIES 15

Already did that but thanks for mentioning! 

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@SarahEP

If there's no power or lights showing at all, that would point to a power fault or surge.

If your Sure Signal is now out of warranty, you can purchase a new one online.

janeshort888
Well here's my results...without the tracert as we only have mobiles and tablets....can't see how to do that bit.
No lights at all but yes to power...really need this sorting as can't use mobiles...

Anyway here's the other bits.

Speed test result download 36.99mbps
Upload 9.99mbps
Ping 9ms
Ip 86.184.130.103

janeshort888
Serial number 40123302768

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@janeshort888

Welcome to the eForum.

I've checked the information you've provided and can see your Sure Signal is currently showing as being deregistered. 

Please go through process of registering your Sure Signal.

gsmsecure
12: Established
12: Established
I know this is an old post but please...

HOW COULD SHE FOLLOW ANY TROUBLE SHOOTING WHEN THE DEVICE IS SO OBVIOUSLY DEAD !!!

After seeing a number of these units with no lights and opening them up, some components are completely fried inside and due to the risk of fire it should be removed immediately from the socket.

To tell users of units that are dead due to a power supply fault causing them to create a large flash and a loud bang is positively irresponsible..

See my posting here and if out of warranty take Vodafone to small claims court to get your refund if they refuse to replace their badly flawed device you paid good money for...

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Suresignal-V3-Overheated-Hot-Burnt-out-amp-Dead...

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)