Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal not working - no lights

jamesburchell79
4: Newbie

Hi, my sure signal 2 box has been working fine for months until a few days ago when I noticed I had no phone signal and neither light was on on the sure signal. I have since tried a factory reset numerous times and get nothing. All I have is the power light. This does not come under any of the links on the troubleshooting post. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi JamesBurchell79

Can you try this for me?

-          Find the field for ‘MTU’ (This differs depending on make and model of router so you’ll need to hunt around for it)

-          Set the MTU size to 1500

-          Log out of the router and reboot it (If it doesn’t do it automatically)

-          Perform a hard reset of the Sure Signal unit

-                      Hold reset button until all the lights go solid

-                      Pull the power lead out with the reset button still pushed in

-                      Continue to hold down the reset button and reconnect the power lead

-                      Wait for all of the lights to come on then release the reset button

-          The Sure Signal unit will then try to contact the network and download its profile. This can take up to 4 hours.

Please let me know how this goes for you and if it helps the problem.

Thanks

Wayne

If you have a spare minute could you please take the time to fill out a short feedback form about me?

You can do so here

View solution in original position

41 REPLIES 41

i give up for tonight. i've re-registered the ss and await for tomorrow for a result.

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jamesburchall79

If you could try the suggestions in the Sure Signal troubleshooting as FDH suggested and if you're still having difficulty then please post back to us with your findings we'll be in a better position to advise.

Hi pipkinmark

How have you got on with re-registering your Sure Signal? Are you still experiencing the same problem today or does the re-registration appear to have fixed the issue of connection?

Thanks

Simon

phoned vodafail again and he re-synched the system. i wait 6 hours took battery n sim out and voila..pish pash poosh...NOTHIN AGAIN. I've now sent my phone in for repair to fix the echo fault. Please just send me a new phone. My insurance is £15 a month for this trouble and i can't bloody make calls at my own house!!!

Hi pipkinmark

Thanks for your reply. Have you completed the factory reset on your Sure Signal after it was resyncronised? With regards to your handset, as it's now been sent for repair we'll need to wait until our engineers have examined the device for the fault before deciding on the next step. You can track your repair status online here - Vodafone Repair Tracker.

Hi jamesburchell79

Thanks for your reply with your Sure Signal serial number. I've now performed a resync of your device. To complete the process we'll require you to perform a factory reset and this can be done as follows:

• Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the rest button held, remove and re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights come on or flash, release the reset button
  • The VSS should come online within the hour

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon, thanks for the resync - I've done the factory reset as requested however its still going through the two flashing lights followed by just power light...

Hi jamesburchell79,

I can see that your Sure Signal reconnected to the server last night, please can you confirm if you are still experiencing any issues or if the issue is now resolved?

James

Hi, when I got home last night, it was working, but unfortunately I've woken up this morning to it not working again...

Hi jamesburchell79

Thanks for your reply. Please could you perform a traceroute and post back with the results, this can be done as follows:

• On a PC click on Start and select Run
  • Type CMD into the Run box and hit enter/ok
  • In the black box, type tracert 212.183.133.177 and press enter
  • Paste the output of this command into your reply

Also, could you try the Sure Signal device on an alternative internet connection to see if you experience the same issue?

Thanks

Simon