Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal not working - no lights

cognetic
4: Newbie

Since spring 2015 when we upgraded our broadband to fibre, we've not had a working suresignal. The unit has actually been replaced and a new one installed, with the same results. It attempts to connect and then it stops working altogether with no lights on.

I rest the router to see if there was a problem with that. Lo and behold after a few hours it started working again and I had full coverage for a day. After that, it stopped again and the first white light was pulsing as if it was trying to update itself. After sometime, all the lights went out.

If I press the reset button, the power light comes back on and it tries to reconnect before stopping again after some time (all lights out).

Flattening the router made it work. Nothing at all was changed in the meantime.

How can it just stop working again????

Tracert and suresignal details below.

Paul

What light sequence you're seeing:           No lights

Your external IP address from here: 80.85.217.168

Your Sure Signal serial number: 42151641547

The results of a traceroute.

traceroute.jpg

21 REPLIES 21

And it now appears to be working - no ryhme or reason!

And now it's not working again this morning. Solid red light and internet light is pulsing. Any ideas anyone as to why this should suddenly stop working for no apparent reason? There have been no changes to our network at all.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@cognetic - The light sequence you’re seeing usually means that the Sure Signal is being configured. This could be due to an update, auto configuration or just simply reconnecting.

Please leave the Sure Signal connected for 24 hours to allow everything to complete.

But this is what seems to happen. It connects initally and works for a day and then goes into this reconfiguration mode. We're now 36 hours on and no change. 

There must surely be a simple solution to this. 

- It works through our router

- When connected it works well

- Then it disconnetcs for no apparent reason

What is going on???

Red power light on

White internet light pulsing

No change even after 5 days. What could the problem be?

Another 24 hours has gone by. The red light is on and the internet light is pulsating.

Please. Someone help. We're a business that pays a healthy amount monthly for our vodafone contracts and we can't use our mobiles in our place of work. It's ridiculous.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cognetic – The Sure Signal is still trying to initialise set up from 8 January.

There’s something stopping it from making contact with us.

Please speak to your Internet service provider. 

Hi support team, since the last message which suggested that something at the ISP was blocking the sure signal, I have spoken to them and gone through a process of elimination:

1. Replaced the router with a Vigor 2760N

2. Took the BT fibre switch out (the Vigor eliminates this)

3. Remapped th ports to the new IP address

4. Plugged it directly into one of the router ports

5. Waited 48 hours

This morning, the red power light is on solid and the white internet light is pulsing. I have just tried to ping it and wasn't contactable on the internal network, so I recycled power and now it's back again, pulsing away.

Surely this is a fault with the Sure signal? What else can it be???

Paul

@cognetic - I've checked the serial number and it shows we had contact with it last night.

The lights showing mean that the Sure Signal is being configured, leave it connected for 24 hours to complete.

Hi, here's an update after a long and tortuous period of diagnosis.

Our ISP has been very helpful and have supplied us with a replacement router that included a fibre port so that we could remove the BT fibre switch from Openreach. This was, we figured we could simplify the installation and have complete control over our internet connectivity.

So we have removed any doubt about our ISP, the hardware and our Sure Signal installation.

We then reset the Sure Signal and it started working - and worked for several days before it stopped again - without any changes to our set up.

Now, the unit has a solid red power light and a pulsing internet light and has been in this state for about a week.

What goes on? We pay a premium to Vodafone for our business telephone account and yet we don't have a good service at all.

Please can we escalate this as I have explored every possible issue that might have been causing the problem and firmly beleive the problem is with the Vodafone system (network, Sure Signal, competence?).

Please respond ASAP. I URGENTLY NEED TO FIND A SOLUTION.