cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal not working with BT Infinity.

erika_london
4: Newbie

Hi,

I have switched service providers from Sky to BT and upgraded to BT Infinity.

I'm quite pleased witht he speed, but I just don't seem to be able to get the Sure Signal to work.

Can you sync it with the server for me?

Please advise.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Erika

45 REPLIES 45

The lights are the same as before, red light on constantly, 2nd & 3rd lights white, on constantly.  My friend is with EE & that is exactly what I got on the sure signal when I plugged it in at hers too.  I am with BT Infinity.

I used the link you provided regarding port forwarding.  My home hub 5 is not listed so I went into the Default Guide.  All good until I go into the Advanced Setting bit & it says theres a heading Application Sharing, but I don't have this, which is clearly why I can't do the port forwarding.  I then went into the link for PFConfig but that costs & I really don't see why I should be paying more money to get your product to work - it's already cost me £100 to buy the thing which is not compatible with BT Infinity, so I am getting even more ##### off now to be honest.  

I'm fed with going round & round in circles performing the same test, giving the same information to you guys.  When a person buys this product they are led to believe all you do is plug it in, fantastic, yes that is all you do but it doesn't work & then the only support you can get is on an eforum!  This is not acceptable & frankly I believe it's disgusting service.  I am quite confident on a computer & don't mind searching around but to expect people to play around with the set up of their broadband providers equipment in order to 'supposedly' make yours work is just ridiculous & totally unacceptable.

I have paid for this product, I don't think it's too much to ask that it works & if it doesn't I expect the company who sold it to me to fix it so it does work & if that means sending someone out to my home, then so beit.  I have been with Vodafone for years but as the days go on I feel less & less inclined to continue with them when my contract expires.  I have been trying to get this thing to work for 6 weeks now, its disgusting.

Karen

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Karen,

I’ve spoken with our support team who’ve made a few changes on our back end systems.

Please leave your Sure Signal connected for 24 hours. You may see this going through an update, however this is fine.

This should be working again by tomorrow afternoon so please restart your phones and you should find that these connect again.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Jenny

I turned my phone off, left it a couple of minutes then turned it back on & still the sure signal isn't working!!  Any other suggestions?

Karen

Hi karenh60,

This should now be working again and I can see that it did fully update last night.

How are things today?

If you’re still having trouble, please contact the team here.

James

Hi James

It's still not working so I've sent a private message with the information you requested.

Regards

Karen

karenh60
4: Newbie
Ok thank you, I'll be in touch tomorrow afternoon
Karen